UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants the following open position
Driver (G-2), TA (364 days), #00119028, Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
Job no: 547742
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Jijiga, Ethiopia
Categories: Operations and Business Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results
The efficiency and efficacy of the support provided by the Driver ensures the safe and timely transportation of staff, officials and visitors to work assignments and the efficient maintenance of vehicles owned/rented by the office, thus supporting the efficient running of the office which in turn strengthens UNICEF’s capacity in delivering programmes for the most vulnerable women and children in Ethiopia.
This Driver position is based in Dire Dawa, in support of UNICEF’s Somali Region main office in Jijiga.
How can you make a difference?
The Driver will provide reliable and safe driving services, demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. The Driver will also demonstrate a client-oriented approach and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Key functions/accountabilities include: A) Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
B) Maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
C) Documentation of vehicle related information
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required. c4x5zC1 DmW34M
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impact results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.To apply click the following link
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Jan 17 2022 E. Africa Standard Time Application close: Jan 31 2022 E. Africa Standard Time
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: