The Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions
Driver – FAO
Job Type:Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level :N/A
Primary Location: Ethiopia-Semera
Duration : 12 months [3 months’ probation period with possibility of extension]
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representatives, is to assist Governments to develop policies, programs and projects to achieve food and nutrition security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use the environment and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- In Ethiopia, FAO in collaboration with the Government of Ethiopia prioritizes improving crop and livestock production and productivity, and sustainable natural resource management, while addressing crosscutting themes of resilience, climate change, nutrition and gender. In support of efforts to increase production and productivity of key staple food and commercial crops, FAO distributes crop and vegetable seeds and provides farmers with appropriate training, extension support and farm equipment to enhance crop production. The Organization promotes value chain and agribusiness development for high value agricultural commodities and supports investment planning for Ethiopia’s Agro-Commodity Procurement Zones (ACPZ) through the Hand-in-Hand Initiative. More still, FAO supports improved post-harvest management to reduce post-harvest losses in fruits and crops including maize, wheat and sorghum, through awareness creation and supporting the production and adoption of storage technologies and practices.
To accomplish the above task, FAO Ethiopia has established a field Office in Afar Region equipped with personnel, vehicles and other resources. The Afar FAO Field Office also doubles as the Afar emergency response hub.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Ethiopia, direct supervision of FAO Afar Field Coordinator in consultation with the FAO Senior Driver, the Driver will perform the tasks below.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Facilitate mobility of FAO staff personnel and their official visitors on official trips;
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate hotel check-in, and other local procedures;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, and expenditures related to transportation/vehicles, vehicle servicing, and repairs;
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); check oil, water, battery, tires, and perform minor repairs and arranges for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times in timely manner; maintain the vehicle(s) in a clean condition;
- Specifically, carry out routine checks and preventative maintenance as per the manufacturer’s schedule;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Candidates should be nationals of Ethiopia;
- Completed Secondary Education (High School Diploma or Equivalent). Be in
- Possession of valid driver’s license.
- Three (3) years of work experience as a driver; experience in a UN or international organization is an advantage. Having a flawless, safe driving record is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the local language(s) (level B). Fair knowledge (level A) of the
- FAO official language used at the duty station (English) is required.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus c4xeGdQ DmW5BQ
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; basic skills in minor vehicle repair. The incumbent is expected to be punctual and extremely reliable, and to drive in a safe manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions. Ability and flexibility to cope with extended working hours.
- Relevant qualification
- Valid driving licenses
- Experience in driving
- Experience in mechanics
- Knowledge of UN and/or NGO procedure
- English Language proficiency
HOW TO APPLY
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Closure Date: 31/Jan/2022, 10:59:00 PM
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: