Driver for the GIZ Biodiversity and Forestry Programme/ ISASE Project
GIZ – Internal Vacancy Announcement 176/2019
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors. GIZ Ethiopia is looking to recruit a driver for the coordination of activities on site for the implementation of a sustainable supply chains project (with a focus on coffee) for the Biodiversity and Forest, as specified below.
Place of Work: …………. Nonu Sale/Masha
Remuneration:…………. as per the GIZ scale
Application deadline:.. October 27, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
The driver is responsible for:
- Safe and responsibly performing of official travel using official vehicles
- Regular servicing and looking after official vehicles
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations.
- Running of official errands and assisting with other office work.
The driver performs the following tasks:
- provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests
- runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- helps with transporting goods
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
- cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- reports need for service and carries out minor repairs
- immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
3. Knowledge management
- uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
Required Entry Qualifications and Competencies
- Secondary school education
- hold a valid driver’s license
- At least 5 years of working experience as a driver with references
- no major accidents within the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good knowledge of English and Oromifaa
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience
- Familiarity of Addis Ababa and Nonu Sale/Masha as well as the region
- Appropriate appearance and friendly manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Driver #176/2019’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Oct 27, 2019Deadline
Oct 27, 2019