Driver/Assistant Logistics Officer
Report to: Head of Finance, HR & Operations/Logistics Officer
Duration:One year with possibility of Extension
The Bilateral Ethiopia-Netherlands Effort for Food, Income and Trade (BENEFIT) in Ethiopia aims to improve sustainable food, income and trade among rural households in Ethiopia. The project will operate till end of 2019 under the leadership and management of Wageningen UR in the Netherlands. The BENEFIT Partnership project office provides leadership and support to the five projects in the areas of project coordination and management, financial control, monitoring and evaluation, gender and nutrition. The BENEFIT PCU will be hosted at the BENEFIT projects’ office in Addis Ababa, where all project managers will be based.
The BENEFIT Partnership unites five agricultural development projects:
- The Integrated Seed Sector Development in Ethiopia (ISSD Ethiopia) project, which supports the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and market oriented seed sector in the country;
- The capacity building for scaling up of evidence-based best practices in agricultural production (CASCAPE) project, which improves agricultural productivity through promoting evidence-based best agricultural practices;
- The Ethiopian-Netherlands Trade Facility for Agribusiness (ENTAG), which supports private sector development and trade in Ethiopia;
- The Sesame Business Network (SBN) support project, which supports stakeholders of the SBN in developing competitive, sustainable and inclusive sesame value chains in Ethiopia.
- Realising Sustainable Agricultural Livelihood Security in Ethiopia (REALISE), which improve resilience of chronically food and nutrition insecurity households in target PSNP woredas.
Under the supervision of the Head of Finance, HR and Operations or the Logistics Officer, the driver/ Assistant Logistics Officer shall be responsible for the safety and security of the passengers and the care and operation of the vehicle and as deemed necessary s/he will serve as logistical functions.
- Drive and maintain the vehicle in a professional, conscious and safe manner obeying the local road traffic laws.
- Ensure that at all times the vehicle is equipped with the correct tools and spare parts (functioning jack, a spade, an approved tool kit, a spare wheel with a properly inflated tyre and an approved first aid kit)
- Ensures that he/she has a valid driving license all time and ensures that a copy of the car paper and radio license is in the car.
- Ensure that vehicles are checked daily and weekly, and that they are correctly maintained.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean, inside and outside, at all times and that the organization stickers are visible.
- Ensuring that no unauthorized personnel, no military personnel, no harmful weapon including gun, stick, knife, spear, any explosive materials, Chat, drugs on board.
- Distribute different letters, packages to and from project office and to other partners
- Assist office in coordinating field visits.
- Assist project officers in vehicle management.
- Ensuring to leave the compound with authorized paper and passenger list/clearance for goods for clearly stated reason.
- Maintain a logbook of vehicle movement, its mileage, servicing, petrol consumption and general vehicle condition.
- Ensuring parking of vehicles in a safe area when on the field visit, not near to the market, fuel stations, bars or any ill reputed places.
- Ensuring to park it in the garage available at the office compound, and not any available place,
- Perform other duties as required related to vehicle management.
- Participate in procurement of goods and services;
- Assist workshop, seminar and other related event organization;
- Participate in hosting of guests mainly in terms of airport transfers
- Perform other duties as required related to logistics support
- Report all accidents, or other incidents involving other vehicles or pedestrians, to the office manager also. Ensures that the proper procedures for insurance claims are followed at the time and scene of any accident.
- Report any vehicle damage or malfunction to the store/logistics responsible person as soon as possible.
- At the end of the year, prepares activity and incident report.
Qualification and Experience:
- Complete of secondary education, 3rd grade valid driving license, 3 years of previous related work experience.
- Basic oral and written English communication skill
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply by sending an application letter with up-to-date CV by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by bringing physically at BENEFIT office location Address: BENEFIT Partnership Office located at Nifas Silk, Besrate Gabriel, SAN building 2nd floor office number 203.
Closing date for application is December 20, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.