External vacancy announcement
Director of Finance and Administration – Ethiopia (INCA)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 Ethiopia is seeking qualified candidate for the position of Director of Finance and Administration – Ethiopia (INCA) to be based in Addis Ababa.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for the oversight and in-country leadership of all financial reporting and administrative operations for the project. They will conduct continual analysis and reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and the correct usage of funds. The successful candidate will have familiarity with USAID rules and regulations, will have experience overseeing finance and operations functions within USAID projects, and will have demonstrated ability in managing staff and partner relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of financial, administrative, human resources and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, FHI 360 policies, and host government laws
- Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and USAID and FHI 360’s requirements
- Oversee procurement efforts for the activity including tenders, calls for proposal selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, and FHI 360’s policies
- Develop and manage institutional subcontracts and grants under contracts with assistance from the FHI 360 home office support team
- As a member of the senior management team, play a central role in decision making related to the project, providing succinct and timely information to the SMT across all administrative, finance, and HR activities
- Play a lead role in budget and planning systems across all elements of the project. Ensure that the budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking, and reporting are in accordance with USAID and FHI 360’s policies and procedures for compliance and audits, as well as compliance with Ethiopian law
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems and provide financial performance updates on activities. Develop and guide the administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports
- Oversees HR management functions including recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination, benefits administration, performance appraisal, and ongoing performance management
Qualifications and requirements:
- A Master’s degree and at least twelve (12) years of progressively senior experience in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or relevant field is required
- At least 6 years of managing a finance department are required
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of the latest project management tools and computer applications such as Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Comfortable with cloud-based database tools, like SharePoint, Google Drive and Dropbox
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and financial reporting required
- Prior experience with procurement compliance and managing grants under contract
- Ability to advise teams on new approaches that sustain or improve project delivery
- Ability to sustain timeliness of program delivery amidst adaptations from changing operational demands and client feedback
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ethiopia highly preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can send their application & update CV through HREthiopia@fhi360.org before/ on May, 07/2022 .
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please write the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do this will lead the application disqualified.
May, 07/2022 .
May, 07/2022 .