Deputy Director of Program Operations – Save the Children
Save the Children Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Deputy Director of Program Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
Deputy Director of Program Operations
- Provide leadership to the program delivery of the Ethiopia national programs.
- Research, analyse and lead on cost effective and timely program delivery strategies and advise DPO on strategic planning for delivering the same.
- Research, analyse and lead on sustainable operations strategies and advise DPO on delivering the same.
- Lead and deliver on comprehensive risk informed program delivery strategies and plans for program operations.
- Assume overall management oversight of planning and implementation of the SC national program budget
- Expand the programming portfolio through capacity building of field staff, development of partnerships and networks, as well as development of new funding opportunities
- Drive innovation and sustainability in program operations. Implement, analyze and document key initiatives in this regard.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of program strategies, systems, and procedures to ensure effective and compliant program delivery. Drive continuous improvement.
- Lead annual strategic planning for all programs and operations. Set objectives, targets, and initiatives.
- Ensure that existing finance guidelines and related administrative procedures are adhered to and that grant finances are kept in an exemplary state
- Coordinate regular management and technical support visits to implementation sites to ensure that programming meets/exceeds international and Save the Children standards and corresponds to work plans and budgets
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures of Save the Children, e.g. child rights and safeguarding, donors and the government
- Work closely with other thematic areas to harmonize humanitarian interventions and ensure quality delivery of emergency projects
- Work closely with the Logistics, Security, Operations Director, Operations Leads, Area Directors, Project Directors/COPs and Program Managers to ensure efficient delivery and support of humanitarian programmes and staff safety and security in high-risk areas where national programs are operational
- Work on the Cost parameters – cost-effectiveness and efficiency, sustainable operations, lead by example, models and implementations
- Foster strong collaboration across programs, finance, HR, IT, security, and other teams. Break down silos.
- Oversee donor reporting and representation to ensure compliance, high quality, and value. Conceptualize improvements.
- Oversee timely completion and submission of donor reports, meeting documents and evidence requirements.- conceptualizing innovating the quality and timely reporting
- Support the director of program operations in providing leadership and strategic direction for all programming and grants management.
- Develop, improve and learn from an innovative pathway of delivering high quality operations through improving on operations tools, integration of technologies and real time data intelligence.
- Work with the MEAL team and the programme teams to ensure that programme objectives and activities are agreed upon within the context of Save the Children values, aims and objectives
- Ensure production and timely dissemination of high quality, analytical reports, supply of regular situation reports, and collection, analysis and dissemination of relevant information and data relevant to the national programs
- Evaluate, monitor and review to ensure strict compliance of programme activities with Save the Children national and global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, SPHERE guidelines and the NGO code of conduct.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with key line ministries, Regional government offices and key institutions.
- Represent Save the Children on national forums, workshops and meetings regarding as delegated by DPO
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key INGOs and other stakeholders with humanitarian capacity, including government and UN colleagues
- Ensure effective representation of Save the Children’s humanitarian response to local authorities, donors, working groups, clusters, task forces, and other members of the humanitarian community
- Support establishment and maintenance of strong working relationships with local communities, community-based organizations and government authorities at both federal and regional state levels as appropriate.
- Ensure that all staff understand and are able to perform their role in their programs
- Manage the operations team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly
- Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process. Establish result based system and follow up
- Manage the performance of all staff in the national program work area through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, regular and timely feedback, periodic reviews and fair evaluations;
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements plans and provide appropriate plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required,
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Recommended minimum of 12 years’ experience in programme management, humanitarian leadership.
- Significant experience of managing logistics, security and operations.
- Identifies and addresses root causes of long-term problems facing the country programme.
- Brings in external perspective to ensure strategic decision making remains relevant and future focused.
- Provides a strategic framework to support decision making.
- Explores and analyses external trends and their potential impact on strategic choices.
- Takes calculated risks and has the courage to stand by decisions despite resistance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 25, October , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: