INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Data Entry Clerk
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with the poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Date: July 3, 2018
Vacancy No. 059/18
Salary= USD 330
No of posts= 1 (one)
Duty Base= Addis Ababa
Terms of Contract= Temporary for six months
Deadline for application: 10 days from the date of Advertisement
Objective: The purpose of Data Entry Clerk is to keep complete, comprehensive and up-to-date records of CARE Ethiopia’s vendors in the database. S/he is responsible to check accuracy of a data and enter the data into online system. S/he ensures that data is entered in line with CARE International Procurement Policy. S/he works closely with Field Offices and Units on data and record management.
- Enters a new vendor set up data online using Oracle PeopleSoft application.
- Enters complete information into the PeopleSoft system and upload required documents on the system.
- Ensures “semi-annual vendor list checking” is done in collaboration with Shared Service Center.
- Ensures that no vendor duplication in terms of address, short name and single vendor with multiple vendor ID.
- Provides necessary support to Procurement Officers to ensure that the data is complete and entered into the database.
Filing and Documentation
- Collects approved vendor setup form.
- Produces or archives Bridger Insight report.
- Collects all supporting documents (TIN, VAT Certificate, Business license, etc) and also any other related contractual agreements.
- Ensures consistency and completeness of vendor setup data all the time.
Reporting and Documentation
- Prepares quarterly report on Approved Vendor List (AVL) to be reviewed by Field Office Admin Coordinator.
- Collects the Approved Vendor List & Required Vendor List from HO & FOs, review the entire list, compile & get approval from the Country Director.
- Ensures to get all approved Vendor List & Required Vendor List of the CO as of June 3
Qualifications (Know How)
Required: College Diploma in Business Administration & Information System/BAIS/, Management Information System, Accounting or IT.
Desired: BA degree in Business Administration & Information System/BAIS/, Management Information System, Accounting or IT.
Required: 2-4 years of previous experience in a similar field. NGO experience is desired
C) Technical Skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Good skills in computer applications and PeopleSoft.
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS and participatory approach.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft software.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability, adaptability, collaboration, information monitoring, stress tolerance, planning and organizing, coaching and interpersonal skill.