Data Entry Assistant – Job at International Organization for Migration – IOM
|Data Entry Assistant – RF
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,
|General Service Staff, G4
|Type of Appointment
|SVN, Six months with possibility of extension
|Estimated Start Date
|As soon as possible
|29.05.2018 – 13.06.2018
Under the overall supervision of the IOM-SLO Addis Ababa Chief of Mission and Programme Coordinator of the EU-IOM Joint Initiative and direct supervision of Information and Data Management Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the program team in capturing and recording data of returnees assisted under the program:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The Data Entry Assistant is expected to carry out his/her duties in accordance with strictest moral and ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural differences of the migrants. In particular, he/she will be responsible to:
- Ensure completeness of data collected through verifications and corrections before entering the data
- Register and profile returnees upon arrival and fill in the various forms including but not limited to basic profiling form, vulnerability assessment and psychosocial assessment forms. Prepare source data by compiling, indexing, sorting and establishing entry priorities before entering the data.
- Assist the Transit Center (TC) team in capturing the necessary data of returnees, ensuring that all the necessary data fields are captured and entered in the system.
- Perform Data entry and conduct data validation (ensuring all the necessary information is completed) after data entry,
- Share the data/information with the designated RF team on daily basis ensuring timely reporting;
- Organize and file the data source ensuring easy access and understanding by the relevant staff.
- Implement data backup and restore procedures in accordance with IOM’s IT policies.
- Adhere to data protection as per IOM’s DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Prepare activity reports at the end of the data entry exercise.
- Assist the RF team in handling operations data concerning all cases/migrants arriving at the transit centre as well as the timely transmission of the information/data to the Information and Data Management Assistant or Program Coordinator;
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Information Management Systems, Management Information Systems or related field of study.
- Minimum of four years relevant work experience,
- Extensive experience in computer data entry in a busy institution preferably emergency operations, an advantage,
- Typing speed: at least 60 wpm,
- Strong computer skills especially on Microsoft Word, Excel and Access,
- Able to work harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels,
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision,
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal relationship skills,
- Capacity to work independently; able to carry out tasks with attention to detail; and demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality,
- Available at short notice to travel within the country and to other countries,
- Required IOM functional competencies: effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, team player, and cross cultural facilitator.
- Thorough knowledge of Amharic and English languages.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.