Data Entry and Program Facilitator – Save the Children
Save the Children Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions:Data entry and Program Facilitator – ( 210007O2 )
Data Entry and Program Facilitator – Save the Children
External website advert template
The Opportunity: Data entry and Program Facilitator
Employee Status: Fixed Term
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The purpose of the Data entry and program facilitator is to regularly entry data for all thematic activities and ensuring that quality data and information is entered, maintained, analysed, and disseminated for effective reporting and documentation of program activities as per the Growth through Nutrition program requirements. Additionally, the The position holder will be facilitate payments and provide related administrative support to the project team, as well as executing activities assigned by his/her immediate supervisor KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Data Entry and documentation:
- Compile, sort and organize data to be entered into the DHS-2 databases or electronic files.
- Enter all data accurately and in a timely manner per direction from monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
- Make sure that data entered on daily basis or immediately as received.
- Pay attention to details and input data correctly and accurately.
- Crosscheck and verify data keyed into the databases for accuracy.
- Maintain complete, viable, accurate and up-to-date data
- Assure protection of the systems and data performing at least one system back up.
- Support M&E in generating report from database to be used for narrative report preparation
- Ensure/maintain the confidentiality of data collected and stored
- Ensure the equipment under his/her custody are repaired and maintained properly.
- Conduct quality benchmark and RDQA
- Ensure proper documentation (M&E)
- Maintain and update workflow record regarding work completed and work pending.
Program payment facilitation:
- Requests working/program advances for payment as per approved Terms of References
- Collects working/program advances and make various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with SCI’s financial management policy. cwNahC2-DmW5CH
- Ensures that all payments are made against sufficient, complete, correct and relevant supporting documents duly verified and approved by concerned managers or budget holders.
- Ensures that all payment documents bear “Save the Children Paid” stamp.
- Summarizes expenses using relevant expense codes duly authorized by responsible person and timely settle all project advances to finance section of the Field Office before placing a request for another advance.
- Ensures that government withholding tax is deducted from service fees to hotels, resources persons etc. rendered outside of the Field Office location and issues receipts to service providers accordingly.
- Ensures that all unused cash returned from specific project advance is deposited in SCI Bank account daily and expenditures settled with in three days
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in statistics, IT and computer science with minimum of two- four years of relevant work experience
- First Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Business Administration/Banking and finance or related fields with strong computer skill including experience in data entry.
- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of four years experience for diploma and two years for degree holders. Demonstrated experience in data entry, filing and disbursement related activities in NGO setting
- Proficiency in computer software such as Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to work as member of a multicultural development team.
- Efficient skill for posting data into computer.
- Good understanding of project implementation processes
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, local and english langaue
- Excellent and demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlooks, E-mails, DHIS2
- We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Please add further detail here as required. For example: This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection.
- We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Closing Date: Oct 24, 2021
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: