Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Empowering New Generations to Improve Nutrition and Economic opportunities (ENGINE) is a flagship multi-sector nutrition project in Ethiopia (2011-2016) supported by the Feed the Future (FtF) and Global Health Initiatives. Save the Children (SC) drives the implementation of ENGINE using a multi-sector platform comprised of evidence-based direct nutrition and nutrition sensitive interventions, fueled by existing government structures and synergistic partnerships with other USAID-funded projects.
The overall goal of the ENGINE Milk Matters project is to contribute to improvements in policy and programming for child nutrition in pastoralist regions of Ethiopia. The objective of this was to evaluate the impact of community-defined livestock interventions on child nutritional status during the dry season.
The baseline survey will be done in 8 woredas for setting baseline data for program monitoring and Impact Evaluation. As part of this endeavor, ENGINE will collect data in Jijiga , Awabare, Gurusum, Bailee, Ararso, Kabri Bayah, Shinile and Mule/Mesis
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
Job Title: Data Collectors
Place of Work: Different Woredas
Monthly Salary in ETB As per the organization Scale
No. of Positions: 2 per Woreda
Length of Contract: Temporary (A maximum of 11 days)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Contact individuals to be interviewed at home or field location.
- Adhere to standards for ethical research and the protection of human subjects, including informed consent and maintenance of confidentiality
- Explain survey objectives and procedures to interviewees.
- Administer questionnaire in accordance with instructions.
- Identify and report problems in obtaining valid data.
- Review data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy.
- Meet with supervisor daily to submit completed data and discuss progress.
- Attend regular review meeting as scheduled by the supervisor,
- Perform any other tasks as given by the supervisor.
- Spend the entire data collection period travelling around rural areas.
- Interact with local officials and rural residents. They will treat all persons contacted under this study with utmost respect.
- Work well in a team.
- Highest level of honesty and integrity
- Each data collector will collect a minimum of 5 questionnaires on a daily bases. Number of questionnaire per day is determined based on the baseline survey experience of walking distance within data collection areas