Information Technology Jobs in Ethiopia
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
UN Jobs in Ethiopia
Data Clerk Assistant – Addis Ababa – Ethiopia-GS-5 Addis Ababa,Ethiopian Nationalies only
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The staff will be based 75% of the time (3 weeks a month) at the ENCU office, and 25% of the time (1 week a month) at UNICEF CO office.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer, 3 weeks a month, the data clerk officer will be responsible for undertaking the following:
- Collate health/nutrition data (TFP, EOS/CHD, TSFP, PSNP, Food Aid, partner 4W matrix for Emergency Nutrition response) from various sources (GO, NGOs, UN agencies etc) from federal and regional levels.
- Regularly updates the Woreda capacity matrix tool
- Receiving, cleaning, and entering all Nutrition data from the field into the agreed database.
- Encode GIS codes for GIS mapping & enter data of EW (health/nutrition) in Microsoft Access/Excel, SPSS, etc or as required in other software packages.
- Cleaning/ checking all data entered against hard copies files.
- Maintain a received data log of what data are received and not received.
- Follow up with RENCU and partners regularly to get reports on time.
- Work in close contact with nutrition information manager on reporting on data quality and progress on data entry.
- Organizing and filing of all hard copy and soft copy forms with appropriate names.
- Assist in training of partners on the monthly reporting format.
- Perform other related duties as required.
While working with UNICEF CO, 1 week a month, and under the supervision of the M&E specialist, the staff will be responsible for:
- Systematically review all data shared by the nutrition colleagues in Field Offices and clean them.
- When needed, as per discussion with the database developer, the data files will be changed into a new format that is appropriate for importation into the global database.
- The cleaning process will be documented in order to keep track of any changes made in the data.
- The data clerk officer will communicate regularly to the M&E officer in UNICEF and provide him a good understanding of the level of data cleaning done; the purpose of this is for the M&E officer to communicate with the field offices and take corrective actions.
- A matrix recording the data received and not received will be regularly updated
The data clerk will use excel software to clean the data and format the database. The person will communicate regularly with filed colleagues to check the accuracy of cleaning procedure made.
The expected deliverables under the work for ENCU are:
- Central databases updated and organized each month for easy access and utilization each month (TFP, TSFP, screening, GFD, PSNP,
- Woreda capacity Matrix (Federal) updated quarterly; shared with Regional RENCUs;
- 4W matrix updated as per regional and partner updates.
- National Survey database updated quarterly (Coverage and Nutrition assessments)
- Activity progress report with completed and pending tasks at the end of the contract period.
The expected deliverables under the work for UNICEF CO are:
- The data received from FOs are cleaned and shared with all UNICEF colleagues every month
- The data are all ready to be imported into the internal database every month
- All steps taken to clean and adapt the data are clearly described in a comprehensive report, monthly shared to supervisor.
- Activity progress report with completed and pending tasks is shared at the end of the contract period.
While working with the ENCU, the staff will report to the Information Manager Officer.
While working with the UNICEF CO, the staff will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation specialist.
Expected background and Experience
- It is required that the staff has secondary education and a diploma in Information Science/ Computer Science/Information Management/Statistics with proven background in using Microsoft Applications: MS-Excel, Microsoft Access.Â
- 5 years of documented work experience with public health data management and analysis.
- Experience with Nutrition data management is a plus.
Competencies and attributes:
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- The candidate must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Capability of handling multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Strong ability on logical analysis and problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Ability to work within a team and capable of working independently when needed.
General Conditions: Procedures and Logistics
- The staff will be provided with a UNICEF computer and will have access to internal UNICEF systems.
- The staff will have access to internal Wi-Fi network for web access
- The staff will have access to UNICEF transport for work-related travels
- Should in-country travel be required, UNICEF will cover the cost of the travel and the DSA.ICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Fri Oct 19 2018 03:40:00 GMT+0300 (EAT) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Fri Nov 02 2018 17:30:00 GMT+0300 (EAT)