|Position Title||Customs Clearance &Logistics Assistant|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,|
|Classification||General Service Staff, G4|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||07.05.2019 – 21.05.2019|
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of Procurement and Logistics in IOM Addis Ababa, the incumbent will be responsible for customs clearance, shipment service for IOM Mission in Ethiopia:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Collect air way bill from Airport cargo section, DHL, Kality customs, shipping agent companies and from others import and export shipment documents.
- Prepare documents and process import and export shipment with MOFA, Customs, Food Medicine and Health Care Administration (FMHCHA), Ministry of Information & Technology and with partners governments officials.
- Process the Customs Clearance at Bole International Airport and Land and sea Ports in timely manner according to rules and Regulations. Maintain appropriate filing of logistics and shipping document Prepare payment request in timely manner for processing shipments and customs clearance activities and reconciliation of operational cash advance related to customs clearance activities. Verify the physical inventory count is correct against Purchase Order and Packing list.
- Process Federal Transport Authority for new vehicle registration documents and collect yearly annual inspection stickers for all IOM vehicles.
- Assist assigning a vehicle for mission/activities inside Addis Ababa in a cost-effective manner.
- Assis for daily transport reservations/ request for in two activities.
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring the work of drivers and motorcycle messengers in Addis Ababa and verify the daily vehicle check-up and complete log book.
- Assist in the follow up of vehicle maintenance in the local garage and ensure good quality maintenance.
- Monitor drivers perform daily vehicle check-up of oil, water, battery brakes, tires etc. and inspect vehicles for cleanliness; Do spot checks as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Assist to control all IOM vehicles insurance coverage and ensure proper filing of insurance documents and accident information. In case of accident coordinate internal flow of information and follow up with traffic police and insurance company to claim/recover damages.
- Assist all drivers fuel request form verifications and authorisation.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle: oil check, water, batter, brakes, tires, etc,
- Keep a HIGH degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions which involve IOM and its officials,
- Perform other duties as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or any other relevant field of study.
- Four years of progressively responsible professional work experience in managing procurement/logistics activities is required.
- Two years’ experience of customs clearance formalities operations experience in freight forwarding or shipping lines companies.
- Knowledge of Customs clearance documentation requirements in Ethiopia for imports and exports.
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals.
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of local language is advantageous .
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by May 21, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply