Cost Infrastructure Transparency Initiative is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
- Salary:Negotiable but attractive
Responsible to: Chairman, Multi-Stakeholder Group with assistance from Vice Chairman, Representative of Host institution of Cost-Ethiopia
Purpose of the Job:To manage the delivery of the Cost –Ethiopia Implementation
- Plan with budget and advice the multi-Stakeholder Group
- According to ensure a successful Country Programme.
- Coordinate financial and budget activities for maximum Operation efficiency
- Prepare annual implementation plan of Cost-Ethiopia and Follow-up its approval
- Prepare annual budget and funding application to deliver the activities specified in the Cost Country Implementation Plan.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly management accounts for the Multi-Stakeholder Group and the international Secretarial.
- Manage the preparation of end of year accounts in line with current legislation and in Consultation with auditor
- Manage the income and expenditure of funding ,Preparing reports as required
- Approve payments to suppliers and consultancy in accordance with agreed procedures
- Ensures payroll is functioning
- Administrative Management
- Lead on the preparation for Multi-Stakeholder Group Meetings Such as Consulting on the agenda and advise the Multi-Stakeholder Group on key issues
- Manage the delivery of all other meetings such as disclosure events, annual general meetings etc.
- Maintains and develop Office system and Procedures
- Prepare Cost-Ethiopia Policies and Practice in line with international Secretarial and Follow-up approval
- In partnership with the Multi-Stakeholder Group, Manage the delivery of the country implementation Plan within the agreed budget
- Coordinate technical assistance(TA) and Capacity building activities as reflected in the implementation plan
- Procure and mange consultancy to deliver technical assistance such as the assurance process and baseline studies in line with the implementation Plan
- Implement the MSG agreed quality assurance process for all published documents
- Co-Ordinate and manage fundraising for the CoST-Ethiopia programme
- Work with relevant Ministers and procuring Entitles to identify Capacity building requirements for the disclosure of CoST Project Information .
- Work with Civil Society Organizations to Identify their needs to identify capacity building requirement to use and Respond to the disclosed CoST Project Information
- Coordinate the baseline data Collection Exercise at a Country level ,in Consultation with the MSG and International Secretariat.
- Produce Policy documents, Procedures, terms of reference ,guidance materials etc,for the CoST-Ethiopia programme as agreed with the MSG.
- Prepare regular Country Progress reports on quarterly basis for Submission to the MSG and International Secretariat
- Ensure the Implementation Plan is Update and submitted to the MSG and International Secretariat on quarterly basis
6.Stakeholder Engagement and Communications
- Produce and implement a communications plan for the CoST-Ethiopia programme
- Engage with donor country Offices ,Government, Private sector Companies and Civil Society organizations to build a wider coalition of supporters for the country programme
- Use a range of Communication tools such as new letters, Social Media etc for Communication with Country Stakeholders
- Organizes and deliver CoST-Ethiopia stakeholder events within budget
- Maintain frequent Communication with the International Secretariat to keep them Updated on Progress ,any difficulties arising and additional support required within the country concerned
- Act as a Secretariat Public enquiry point for in –Country stakeholders
- Provide a Secretariat contact point for local media
- Ensure Contributions are made to the international CoST bulletin
- Provide relevant information to the International Secretariat for inclusion on the CoST website in timely Manner .
- Maintain the national CoST website to ensure information is available to stakeholders throughout implementation
- Coordinate the recruitment of new staff and MSG Members
- Set, Support and monitor performance Objectives of staff members
- Education to degree level in Construction Management ,Civil Engineering or Related ,or equivalent experience in Construction works ,with at least 4 years in a managerial Position directly related to Construction Management Procurement or Contract Administration;
- Significant financial and administrative experience
- Significant experience of Managing Complex Project ;
- An Understanding of how public Construction projects are procured & managed :
- Experience of producing year end accounts:
- Experience budget procuring and managing consultants
- Good MS Office Skills including Excel, Access and email:
- Good Written Skills:
- Ability to report in English
- Desirable Criteria
- Knowledge of national laws (e.g .employment ) relating to a Small Organization:
- Experience of Organizing meetings and event ;
- Experience of minute writing ]
- Experience of producing a communication plan]
- Experience of engaging with the Media
- Experience of engaging with a website
- Experience of Managing a website
How to Apply
Qualification and interested applicants should submit their Cover letter with CV to CoST-Ethiopia Secretariat by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Female Candidates are Strong encouraged to apply
For any clarifications, Contact
Ato Haileyesus Meseret
Administrative Assistant CoST-Ethiopia