JOB TITLE: CONSULTANT
Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office invites a competent Consultant to conduct national adolescent situational analysis on HIV program to identify gaps and challenges and come up with evidence based planning. Objective of the program: To conduct situational analysis of adolescent HIV/AIDS related interventions to strengthen the adolescent component of the national HIV program in Ethiopia. Job Descriptions of the Consultant:
Rapid Assessment: – Assess the situation of adolescent HIV/AIDS related interventions in Ethiopia in terms of specific HIV intervention such as HIV testing and counseling services, condom promotion and use, HIV care – and treatment (ART), PMTC, VMMC, comprehensive knowledge of HIV, in and out of school HIV intervention. – Assess the situation of adolescent inter- sectoral interventions such as maternal health (STI, adolescent birth, skill delivery, ANC and family planning, Gender based violence, Child marriage, Education, social protection).
In-depth analysis: – Carry out bottleneck and barrier analysis through consultative workshop Process.
Evidence informed planning:
- Collective review of the finding from the rapid assessment and in-depth analysis of low performing HIV and SRH interventions
- MACRO plan
- Set recommendations based on the evidence • obtained through this exercise. Qualifications of the Consultant: Educational Qualification Post Graduate Degree in Public Health, Health Science, and Health Related Fields, Sociology and/ or other Social Sciences; –
Work experience: Five year Experience in program development preferably in HIV and adolescent programme,
- Research Skills: Data collection skills for both qualitative and quantitative data, data analysis, and report writing; Experience in writing reports of a scientific standard are preferable.
- Skill in running/use of analytical software, especially, Epinfo, SPSS and STATA
- Communication and analytical skills mandatory. – Competencies: Good Knowledge of current global research and/or initiatives on HIV and adolescents, ability to independently liaise government offices (ministries of health, national AIDS committees, and ministers responsible for adolescents); CSOs; Youth and adolescent networks and the United Nations Joint Team on HIV and AIDS. –
- Duration of assignment: Three months with possible extension –
- The incumbent will work closely with M&E case team of F HAPLO.
- Salary: Negotiable