Compound Management Assistant Job at UNHCR
Type of Appointment: TA
No. Vacant Post: One
Closing Date: 21/5/2018
Duration of Contract: Three months
The Addis Ababa Branch Office has two different compounds located at two different places. The main office which comprises of five different complexes host more than 110 staffs while the second one, the annex office hosts the remaining 17 staffs with one four story building.
The cleanness of the offices in maintained by a contracted company which supervises a total of 11 cleaners and 4 ground workers at the two aforementioned offices.
Under the overall supervision of the Admin Associate, the incumbent will be directly responsible for all aspects of UNHCR Compound maintenance in Addis Ababa including (but not limited to) the supervision of cleaning, gardening, plumbing, lighting, maintaining of equipment and buildings as well as carrying out any necessary minor repairs.
The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor and takes appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time.
The position requires basic knowledge of administrative rules, procedures as well as operational standards of a UNHCR office.
- Assist in supervising the cleaning company to ensure the job performance is up to the UNHCR standards.
- Coordination and supervision of daily casual staff engaged in the areas of compound administration, cleaning and maintenance
- Develop landscape and maintain general cleanliness and lighting of pathways in the compound including gardening, landscaping, weed and pest control
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs to structural, mechanical, electrical system AC Systems, water and power supply
- Respond to concerns and complaints of staff and visitor in a positive and courteous manner
- Takes action to ensure preventive maintenance of all compound plumbing, water taps, toilet fixtures, microwaves, etc
- Supervise the application of paint, varnish, to all types of surfaces using appropriate tools and equipment
- Maintain the cleanness of all office equipment including chairs, tables, matts, file cabinets and other furniture
- Provides weekly reports to the Admin Associate on the regular assessment of maintenance needs and submit to the supervisor.
- Write performance reports for ground staff to be used for overall evaluation report for extension of contract of commercial contractors.
- Liaise with cleaning service providers and monitor the implementation of the contracts and negotiate if required, the improvement of said contracts;
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of general Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes
- Managing resource
- Innovation and Creativity
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical Thinking
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.