ACPA invites qualified applicants for the project -Building resilience and creation of economic opportunities in Liben cluster under RESET II with an objective to strengthen economic opportunities and resilience of the most vulnerable communities to human –induced and natural crises, through measures that will increase livelihoods and employment, and better access to basic services, in Liben cluster which are known to be drought prone and food insecure.
1. Mobilize the community together with project officer and Government Development Agents as appropriate for participation in planning, implementation, and monitoring of activities
2. Carry out the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of activities at community level
3. Facilitates a process of community empowerment, learning, and action
4. Engage in communities actively in making sense of the issues and lives, setting goals for improvements and taking action through empowerment and participative process
5. Conduct data collection, tabulation, analysis, documentation and dissemination
6. Ensure participatory monitoring and evaluation of existing projects (local people are active participants not just source of information)
7. Acquire accurate information about selected beneficiaries/ committees
8. Acting as facilitator to promote self-help and other social groups in the community
9. Participate in Planning, coordinating meetings and other events at woreda and kebele level
10. Use a variety of extension teaching methods which are suited to the situation and build the capacity of community and extension agents-knowledge, and skills
11. Facilitates regular community meetings to discuss issues pertinent to program implementation and long-term community development;
12. Bring a psychological change in the minds (behavior & attitude) of the rural people who are in favor of adopting better ways of life.
13. Carry out regular monitoring and supervision of project activities as per the action plans and direction of the project officer.
14. Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly work plan and activity based report in collaboration with Project manager as required
15. Conduct himself/herself both provisionally and personal in such a manner as to bring credit ACPA and to not jeopardize humanitarian mission
. Degree or Advanced Diploma in Community Development or Social Work
· At least 3-5 years’ work experience in community development position, preferably in Somali region of Ethiopia
· Experience in organizing training, and ability to influence behavior
· Proven communication, interpersonal, decision‐making and analytical skills
· Computer literate
· Fluent in English and Somalia languages is must