Community Health Officer
Tracking Code 5812
PATH is an international, nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor Health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
The Digital Public Health project is a one year project between PATH and Digital Green. The project aims to expand the Digital Public Health model into Ethiopia by introducing community-led video production and dissemination as an additional discussion tool at existing health events and other events to be initiated by the project to increase demand for health programs and services. The project will be implemented in Wuchalle and Dodota Woredas of Oromia Region. The Community Health officer will report to the Program Officer.
The Community Health officer key responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for the overall DPH project implementation in the assigned Woreda.
- Facilitate project start up activities in the assigned Woredas including coordination of project orientation/Launching, liaising with Zone and Woreda Offices.
- Serve as a technical focal person for DPH to coordinate with Zonal and Woreda Health Offices in implementing community led video production and dissemination.
- Collaborate with DPH M&E Manager and PATH Regional M&E person to undertake baselines and end line surveys.
- Liaise and Work Closely with Zone and Woreda MCHN focal person on behavior change communication to identify health themes for video production.
- Lead the establishment of Community Advisory Board (CAB) for the project that will guide the implementation and direct technical support.
- Train CAB members and Health workers on Digital Public Health video production.
- Work with Woreda Health Office and Community Structures on Story board production, video production, editing and dissemination of videos to target households.
- Provide targeted mentoring and support to CAB members, Woreda health offices, health centers, and health posts during production and dissemination of Videos.
- Conduct M&E activity in the respective project site and work with the M&E manager to ensure that timely and effective data collection, recording and reporting system is in place at all levels.
- Prepare regular progress reports and submit for DPH Program officer and M&E Manager.
- Document best practices and lessons learned in the respective project site.
- In close consultation with the M& E Manager organize Supportive Supervision and field visits.
- Establish Network and Linkages with the key actors and stakeholders in the area of MCHN operating in the Woreda.
- Very good communication and computer skills; experience of using technology in health programs will be an added value,experience working with civil society organizations and/or government agencies,
- Fluency in English, Amharic and Oromiffa is required
- Ability and willingness to travel
Nurse or health officer professional (B.Sc. Nursing, public Health or related),at minimum of 5 years of experience in community health projects management; experience of working in Oromia Region will be an added advantage,experience in providing trainings to health workers and Community members.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Ethiopia.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Wuchalle Oromia, , Ethiopia Company
Location Ethiopia, Addis Ababa Position Type Full-Time/Regular