Communication and Knowledge Management Officer
The World Bank Group’s InfoDev is a multi-donor sponsored program that supports innovation and entrepreneurship in developing countries. The Climate Technology Program (CTP), one of infoDev’s Global Programs is creating a global network of Climate Innovation Centers (CICs) that provide a country-driven approach to climate change and allow countries to achieve their green growth objectives. The CICs target early stages of innovation, including the key roles of entrepreneurs and growth-oriented start-ups. The Ethiopia Climate Innovation Center is initiated by the World Bank’s CTP program and hosted by the Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre & Network, Addis Ababa University.
The Ethiopia Climate Innovation Center provides domestic enterprises with a broad range of services including:
- Financing through proof-of-concept grants (up to USD 50K) as well as investment facilitation at more advanced stages.
- Business advisory and traihing through mentorship, networking, seminars, and other services that build professional expertise.
- Access to market information, local technology information, and facilities.
- Access to policy support through hosting dialogues with government, researching trends and documenting best practices for SME and climate technology regulation.
- Promoting business opportunities for women and outreach on climate innovation.
The Ethiopia Climate Innovation Center (ECIC) is implemented through a four-member consortium led by the Horn of Africa Regional Environmental Center (HoA-REC). ECIC provides a holistic set of early-stage financing, business support and capacity building services to the Ethiopian private sector, including women and rurally based entrepreneurs and business owners, working to develop, launch and grow innovative climate technology ventures that promote Ethiopia’s climate resilience and green growth. The Ethiopia Climate Innovation Center (ECIC) seeks to recruit a Communications and Knowledge Management Officer that will be responsible for developing written and online newsletters, brochures, social media messages etc. to effectively communicate with the ECIC target audiences about the work of the ECIC.
Vacant Position: Communication and Knowledge Management Officer
Job Summary: The Communications and Knowledge Management Officer (CKMO) develops and carries out the ECIC’s communication with different target audiences, including clients, journalists, investors, other stakeholders and the community. The CKMO produces, edits, as well as designs ECIC publications; updates the ECIC website, manages social media channels and develops and maintains relationships with journalists and media outlets with a view to build positive reputation on target audience.