NATIONAL OIL ETHIOPIA
National Oil Ethiopia invites interested applicants to fill the position of Commercial Sales Representative at its Commercial Division
The Commercial Sales Representative plays a sales role with responsibility for key accounts. Key challenges are maintaining a healthy credit profile, retention of the existing business, a smooth implementation of companywide initiatives and the development of new profitable business opportunities which involves implementing unique customer value propositions.
Accountabilities for the position include the following:
- Maintain existing and develop new customer relationships and leverage these relationships to grow the volume and margin of their portfolio
- Define and regularly review frequency and content of customer interactions and service commitments as defined in the account sales & marketing plan for existing customers and prospects
- Independently identify and qualify prospects and move qualified prospects through the sales process
- Understand the activity, business and needs of customers; provide sound information and advice on products and services, and to negotiate win-win solutions with customers.
- Increase the value for existing customers through cross-range and up selling.
- Periodically review existing customer business plans with the goal of identifying mutually beneficial growth opportunities
- Plan customer calls and visits to provide the, appropriate level of service to existing and new customers
- Plan, monitor and exceed individual targets through sales from existing accounts and new business development
- Manage credit and ensure full customer compliance with contractual terms.
- Conduct new customer negotiations, prepare quotations and proposals and agree on all operational requirements (including: price, contract; payment terms and services)
- Ensure that all customer interactions are properly documented and updated in the customer file
- Respond to customer feedback, build relationships at all levels, trouble shoot and follow up especially on complaints.
- Leverage marketing initiatives with new and existing customers
- Work with other NOC teams and third parties, where necessary, to provide efficient and cost effective service to the customer to ensure follow-through on customer commitments
- Be responsible and proactive in HSE issue that affects the individual, the office/ field environment and their customers.
- Be accountable for own development plan to continuously improve competencies
- In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed.
- BSC degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above)
- Sales experience in oil products, automotive or manufacturing industry with a minimum sales experience of 5 years.
- Outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to interact efficiently with internal and External customers
- Excellent command of English language
- Ability to operate Microsoft applications
- Ability to work in a team and under strict deadlines and pressure
- Self driven, able to work independently to deliver results
Number of staff required: 1 (one)