Clinical trial nurse
Senior Level (5+ years experience)
The center for innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported African Center of Excellence hosted in the College of Health Sciences of Addis Ababa University. The main objective of CDT-Africa is to support equitable access to interventions (Medications, diagnostics, and other interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high quality capacity development for innovative drug and therapeutic discoveries.
CDT-Africa now would like to hire experienced clinical trial nurse
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients for protocol eligibility through personal interviews and eligibility checklist
- Provide written and verbal information, ensure adequate comprehension of study participant and obtain informed consent based on SOP
- Maintain enrollment logs and informed consent form in accordance with ICH GCP guideline
- Ensure proper follow up of participants involved in the trial and follow progress
- Support study implementation regarding participant care delivery, role in assuring participant safety and ongoing maintenance of informed consent
- Participate in identification, recording and reporting of (serious) adverse events
- Maintain accurate records of related protocol activities, follow ups and study related test procedures
- Undertake protocol and SOP related responsibilities and tasks assigned by principal investigator in the context of supporting study implementation and progress
Terms of employment Full time, three year post subject to six monthly contract renewal
Minimum Qualification and Experience: Diploma in nursing or BSc. in clinical nursing, health or other health related fields. Five years of experience for Diploma or three years of experience for BSc.
- Basic understanding of research and/or clinical trial process
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to build and maintain a team work
- Having experience in a clinical trial will be advantageous
- Knowledge of the local language (Affan Oromo and Somali language) is a must
- Well organised.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others, including international collaborators
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Terms and conditions
Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is such that it might require working overtime and weekends, with due financial compensation.
Holidays: Are governed by the rules of Addis Ababa University for project workers.
Length of Contract: This is a three-year post subject to six monthly contract renewals.
Probationary Period and Notice Period: There is a three-month probationary period for this role. The notice period is one month.
No. required: Five
How to Apply
Application should be submitted with a short CV (maximum length 4 pages), a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) and supporting documents to the Human Resources Department of the College of Health Sciences (Addis Ababa University): HR Department, The Human Resources Office, 1st Floor, College of Health Sciences Building, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The covering letter should describe how you meet the requirements for the position and why you want the job.
The recruitment will involve a written exam and interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apr 4, 2019Deadline
Apr 4, 2019