CLINICAL RESEA RCH ASSISTANTS
Hospital Associated infections (HAI) University College of Health Sciences Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital (CHS_CASH) is looking for competent and potential candidates who fulfill the requirements mentioned below to apply for the subsequent position.
Duration: Six months with high possibility of extension
Position: CLINICAL RESEA RCH ASSISTANTS
Duty Station: Addis Ababa with possibility of travel
Salary Level: Attractive and Negotiable
We are recruiting two clinical research assistants for a study on Hospital Associated infections at Addis Ababa University College of Health Sciences Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital (CHS TASH). The position is on a full- time, temporary contract basis (renewable every 6 months based on performance). Research assistants will be expected to work closely with hospital staff to identify study subjects following pre-determined inclusion and exclusion criteria, consent patients to participate in the study, collect specimens for microbiological testing, and collect clinical data on a case report form in a timely manner. Research staff will work in a study team and will have previously demonstrated professionalism, organizational skills, a pleasant disposition, and the highest level of integrity. Candidates who meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Nurse diploma or above; BA or BSC preferred but not compulsory
- Certificate of Good Clinical Practices or GCP (mandatory)
- At least 2 additional certificates related to infectious diseases (infection prevention and control, ART, TB, or other)
- Work experience
- Nursing: 5 years or more as a clinical nurse in a hospital setting AND
- Clinical research experience: 2 years or more as a research nurse or coordinator.
- Language skills: excellent proficiency in English and Amharic
- Computer skills: proficiency in MS-word, MS-excel, interne usage and email
- Excellent letters of reference from academic research staff.