EngenderHealth Inc. works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health & to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality. EngenderHealth Inc. is currently looking for a well-qualified Clinical Advisor for its ABRI projects based in Addis Ababa .
The Clinical Advisor under the supervision of the Technical Team Leader will provide clinical assistance and guidance for the delivery of comprehensive family planning/FP, comprehensive abortion care/CAC, and other sexual reproductive health/SRH services for program/project supported by the EngenderHealth Inc. in Ethiopia. The clinical advisor in consultation with senior clinical advisor serves as a lead person in overseeing the clinical activities and building staff capacity in clinical updates and procedures/techniques. S/he provides clinical coaching support for field level program staff and supported health facility providers particularly for the institutionalization of permanent FP/Voluntary surgical contraception and PPIUD. The clinical advisor will also serve as focal person for clinical quality and provide technical direction and oversight for the establishment and functioning of sound quality improvement systems and approaches including COPE, Clinical Monitoring/Facilitative Supervision and Ensuring Clinical Quality mechanisms within the MOH efforts. S/he will identify, document, synthesize, disseminate and integrate lessons learned and best practices in FP/RH/CS service delivery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of Family planning, Comprehensive Abortion Care and Facilitative Supervision for Quality Improvement (FS/QI) activities of EngenderHealth in accordance with applicable national, international and EngenderHealth policy guidelines, protocols and technical standards;
- Lead the effective implementation of EngenderHealth’s Clinical Quality Improvement frameworks, approaches and tools in consultation with the Clinical advisor, Technical team leader and EH’s Global & Technical Leadership (GTL) team;
- Periodically update EngenderHealth program staffs and implementing partners on best clinical practices and the state-of-the art technology related to QOC, FP, CAC, and other SRH in consultation with the Clinical advisor, Technical team leader and EH’s Global & Technical Leadership (GTL) team;
- Serve as trainer and provide technical assistance in Clinical, Mobile Outreach and FS/QI training activities appropriate to the needs of the country and /or EngenderHealth supported program/projects;
- Provide technical assistance and coach/mentor health service providers on Long Acting and Permanent Contraceptives/LAPM, PPIUD, Comprehensive Abortion Care/CAC, QOC and other SRH areas to enhance competency and performance;
- Working closely with the other technical team advisors and MOH counterparts to ensure consistent application and institutionalization of clinical FP, CAC/RH service delivery standards, protocols and guidelines including Clinical Monitoring and other approaches and tools to ensure clinical quality.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to field-based program team to institutionalize LAPM, PPIUD, CAC and other SRH services particularly permanent family planning/VSC service at selected hospitals and health centers;
- Assist in service integration particularly in integrating FP with CAC, MCH and HIV service in a client centered and gender-sensitive manner;
- Ensure the regular and timely implementation of ongoing program compliance monitoring using appropriate tools/ checklists to reinforce clinical standards and QOC;
- Draw up annual, quarterly and monthly plan and produce and submit monthly update and quarterly report to the technical team leaders;
- Synthesize data, properly document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices on Engender Health’s experience in improving quality of clinical services for FP, CAC and other /SRH services;
- Undertake other essential tasks as required by the technical team leader and/or project director/s;
- Travel to and work in the focus geographic areas up to 75% the time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- MD degree in Medicine; preferably with training on comprehensive emergency obstetric care (CEOC) or MSc in Integrate Emergency Surgery.
- Six (6+) years clinical service delivery experience in FP/SRH with at least 3 years clinical/basic surgical experience in long acting and permanent family planning service provision (implants, IUCD, tubal ligation and vasectomy) and comprehensive abortion care services is highly recommended.
- Practical experience relevant to quality improvement /quality assurance in FP/RH.
- Experience in training and coaching/mentoring service providers and in supervision of FP, CAC and quality assurance with focus on/FP/CAC/RH services delivery.
- Experience & understanding of Ministry of Health structure and health service delivery system.
- Experience in documentation, presenting findings, results and lessons learned to a variety of audiences
- Commendable interpersonal, team work and communication skills.
REQUIRED NUMBER :
One Application Procedures: Interested applicants fulfilling all the requirements should apply through EngenderHealth career web site www.engenderhealth.org – career page or click on this link which will direct you to the vacancy: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ENGENDERHEALTH&cws=1&rid=576 (strongly recommended) if not possible, please send your applications with nonreturnable curriculum vitae and testimonials including updated salary information no later than December 31, 2013 to the following address: email@example.com Please indicate the position and vacancy number in your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Note that applications received after the dead line shall not be considered.