Job Title:Child Protection Manager
Location: Semera, Ethiopia
Type of Role: Programme
Reports to: ERM
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- The post holder, will manage CPiE project at Regional level and ensure that project is implemented in target locations as per the agreement entered with government stakeholders and signatory offices. He/she will be providing hands-on guidance, support, mentoring and coaching to Child Protection in Emergency frontline staff including Coordinators, Officers and Social Workers etc to ensure smooth and quality implementation of child protection in emergencies project.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree (MA preferred) in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Community Development, Law, Political Science and related fields with at least 5 years relevant experience of which at least three years experience with NGOs
- Knowledge of the child protection in emergencies sector including protection risks and response interventions.
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centered community development programming.
- Knowledge of development and humanitarian issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to child protection.
- Knowledge of child protection in emergencies standards, principles and procedures. c8GqsKf DmW5BJ
- Knowledge of effective participatory monitoring and evaluation systems and processes.
Skills Specific to the Post
- Proven experience as a trainer and in developing structured and comprehensive curricula and training manuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Hands on skill to interpret financial data, in order to understand budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to analyse information and evaluate options including planning skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusive and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
Closing Date:02 March 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: