Save the Children Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions: Child Protection Case Management Officer – ( 210007L1 )
Child Protection Case Management Officer – Save the Children Ethiopia
TEAM/PROGRAMME : Programme Operations
LOCATION: Addis Ababa
GRADE : 4A
CONTRACT LENGTH: One-year contract with possible extension
Level 3: the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
The Child Protection Case Management Officer will be responsible for activities related to case management. She/he will be responsible for effective implementation and proper documentation of all child protection cases. The Officer will ensure that project activities on case management are in line with Save the Children’s key child protection principles including best interests of the child, confidentiality, do no harm and child participation, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations. She/He will provide technical oversight to government partners, stakeholder and case management team.
The Officer works in close collaboration with the Sr. Programme Manager to ensure complete support to the team, and ensure quality and effective implementation of the project activities at community level, organize and facilitate capacity building training workshops for partners, stakeholders and SC staff; participate on various assessments including stakeholder mapping, baseline and end line assessment; monitor government partners and SC implemented activities and discuss on success and challenges.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Sr. Program Manager
Staff reporting to this post: 3 (Case Workers)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Case Management
- Conduct identification, assessment, documentation and referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of protection cases.
- Provide information, advice and facilitate access to social services for vulnerable children.
- Conduct home visits to follow-up on interventions with families.
- Properly document all protection cases that went through the case mangment process
- Conduct vulnerability analysis in line with Save the Children vulnerability assessment toolkit and define targets for case management services
- Map and coordinate with service providers to support case mangment activities
- Develop referral path way to ensure access to holistic and quality services
- Conduct assessment to identify the safety and protection of needs of the child, develop care plan, implement the care plan and conduct follow ups.
- Conduct capacity building training on case mangment for governmental and non-governmental service providers
Planning and Reporting
- In collaboration with government stakeholders prepare detail annual and quarters action plan and ensure the implementation
- Closely work with case management team and stakeholders in the course of project planning and implementation
- Ensure preparation of timely and quality quarterly and annual project progress reports
- Facilitate and ensure the involvement of children as primary stakeholders in all project work
- Coordination and Management of Projects Implementation
- To ensure effective implementation of case management services through appropriate assignment of cases, monitoring and guidance to caseworkers
- To provide guidance to the case management team individually and through group meetings
- Ensure the project is implemented in a ways responsive to the community, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children Compliance procedures
- Foster collaborative environment and team spirit among stakeholders
- Conduct regular monitoring visits, support stakeholders at the project sites and prepare reports for documentation and follow-up actions
- Liaise closely with protection actors in the field to ensure an understanding of the overall issues and effective collaboration amongst partners
- Conduct regular coordination meetings among governmental and non-governments service providers to improve access to and quality of case mangment services
- Facilitate the development and signing of standard operating procedure for case mangment services
Supervision and Monitoring
- Regularly review documentation of CP cases through case audits, review of files and databases. Ensure confidentiality and that data protection and information-sharing protocols are respected.
- Monitor and analyze child protection data collected by the Case Management team and provide regular reports to the Sr. Programme Manager
- Schedule and lead case management meetings every two weeks with the Case Management team cvuNPd6-DmW323
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of the planned project activities implementation
- Strengthen participatory and collaborative supervision and monitoring system
Staff Management and Mentorship
- Ensure that project staff, Community Facilitators, volunteers and stakeholders, understand and are able to perform their role based on the project objectives and expected outcomes
- In close collaboration with the Sr. Programme Manager, provide leadership and manage the performance of intervention areas
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the Case Management team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Highly regarded professional skills and ethics
- Focused on improving results for children
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Commitment to the team
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Present, reliable, responsive and consistent
- Patient and emphatic
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree in sociology, social work, social sciences or other relevant fields
- Previous 3 years of experience working with vulnerable children and adolescents in a corporate or NGO environment, preferably in protection or community based child protection field;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with empathy and respect
- Fluency in English/ verbal and written
- Fluency in Amharic language required
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the below link:
Location: Addis Ababa
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 24, 2021
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: