CDF (1 per woreda), Tewledere and Were babu, Ethiopia – Plan International
Job Title:CDF (1 per woreda), Tewledere and Were babu, Ethiopia
Location: Country Office, Ethiopia
Company: Plan International
Location: Tewledere and Were babu – Sout, Ethiopia
Company: Plan International
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
- In Ethiopia, Plan has more than 25 years of experience in implementing its programme. Currently PIE mainly operates in seven geographical areas; Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Addis Ababa City Administration on different projects funded by different donors including sponsorship. Plan International Ethiopia’s main purpose is to seek Gender Justice for Girls, Adolescent Girls, and Young Women. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls, adolescent girls, and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for, and have equal opportunities. PIE will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach directly 2.1 million Girls, Adolescent Girls and Young Women over the period of the strategy 2020-2024 and to reach an additional 6.3 million beneficiaries through its interventions.
- The position holder shall be in charge providing the necessary support and mobilize the community for routine implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services, protection, SRH and MHPSS in the assigned Woreda.S/He will mainly be responsible to support for the day to day implementation of the mobile health and nutrition services under the team. The main role of this position will be controlling crowd during provision of health and nutrition services for IDPs, Host communities and mobilizing them for demand creation and awareness creation services at the assigned woreda.
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
- Integrated planning of Nutrition, SRH, MHPSS and hygiene sanitation activities with MHNT team
- Conduct Community mobilization and awareness creation about nutrition, feeding practice IYCF key messages at grass root level with key community stakeholders
- Good communication and integration with woreda and kebele government offices
- Conduct Hygiene and sanitation education and key messages at IDP and host community
- Enhance the understanding of IDPs, host communities, social workers, HDAs, HEWs other relevant community members about mental health
- In collaboration with MHPSS counselor ensure SGBV, disability and injury referral linkage from community level to PHCU
- Contribute to assessments by collecting information through qualitative and quantitative data gathering methods (e.g. surveys, interviews, FGDs);
- Identify local WASH, Health & Nutrition and Child Care Practices/IYCF needs and capacities; and Participate in identifying potential beneficiaries; c7s9uZb DmW5DN
- Organize/reorganize committees and clubs like Kebele Disaster Management Committees (KDMC), WASH Committees and Care Support Groups in all levels of facilities, schools and institution.
- Plan and conduct different dialogues, group discussions and meetings, demonstrations in Nutrition, SRH, MHPSS and Hygiene sanitation.
- Utilize participatory approach when mobilizing the community;
- Create awareness on the use of water treatment technologies and water chemicals and facilitate the link between the community and private vendors as well as promotion on positive health seeking behavior;
- Contribute in the development of protocols/standard operating procedures, IEC materials, and tools/methodology in collaboration with the committees
- In depth knowledge and experience of Nutrition, WASH, MHPSS and SRH programming in the humanitarian context essential.
- Minimum of 2 years NGO related work experience for degree holders and 4 years of related work experience for diploma holders either as community facilitator or community development agent.
- Experience in training, familiarity with stimulation/awareness methods, knowledge in child development and in nutrition issues, DRR, Hygiene Promotion
- Excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of local language is mandatory
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of incivility and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: