Cashier – SOS Children’s Village
SOS Children’s Village is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Reviews payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
- Reviews disbursement requests for accuracy, documentation and validity; effect payment to the right vendor from the right project.
- Reviews accounts on regular basis to ensure the balances are complete and accurate;
- Recording of all the project financial transactions into the SOS financial recording, meeting all submission dates, and reporting requirements as required by the immediate supervisor.
- Assures accuracy of supporting documentation for accounting records;
- Organizes and maintain accounting filling system;
- Follows-up on status with the Social Security (Pension) and Tax departments. Including depositing the checks and routine follow-up , registering new employees at Social Security (Pension) and Tax Departments;
- Prepares payroll and arranges timely payment of salaries.
- Follow-up and control payable and receivable accounts.
- Receives original transaction documents, checks completeness and correctness and passes them to immediate supervisor.
- Takes part in inventory taking and control of assets and stock items
- Assists the Location Finance Manager / Project Finance and Admin Officer in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures and manual of the organization.
- Provide technical support to the project team and program location units in SOS Children’s Village Program Location in financial management related issues.
- Responsible to take part in awareness raising sessions and capacity building trainings in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager.
- College Diploma in Accounting or similar discipline.
- Two years’ relevant work experience.
- Report writing skill
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
- Ease of using computers with mastery on application soft wares such as MS Work, MS Windows, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in English language (both in writing and speaking).
- NGO experience is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 19, October , 2023.