Cash Transfer Programming Officer – IRC
International Rescue Committee – IRC is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title:Cash Transfer Programming Officer
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Background: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Job Overview: Under the direct supervision of the Senior ERR officer/ ES/NFI/Cash Manager the cash transfer Officer responsible for identifying priority needs, target communities, establishing relationships with community local government and leaders, mobilize the communities, ensure the delivery of materials/inputs, conduct registration of complaints, ensure accurate distribution and documentation of NFI, facilitate cash payments to clients and follow up.
Major key Responsibilities:
The main objective of the Cash Officer position should efficiently implement cash-based ES-NFI response, including:
Project Planning and Implementation
- Report to the Senior ERR Officer & ES/NFI/Cash Manager based at Adama.
- technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in community delivery of cash-based programs.
- Promptly identify and recommend solutions to cash based technical issues
- Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and liaison with field SC and finance team to undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
- Participate on the on job training of how the e-voucher system works, how to handle data, accurately use the e- devices (e-voucher reader, Smartphone with application, and e-voucher) including the hand over process with the vendors
- Identifying beneficiary communities/targeting based on robust and participatory criteria, assist other CTP staffs, if any
- Ensure appropriate community messages are transferred to clients, local government partners, vendors, non-clients and other key actors
- Ensure training/re-orientation of the vendor staff e- voucher system (how it works, synchronization, handling including safe keeping of e-devices) until hand over of the e-devices to IRC
- Ensure the conduct of beneficiary feedback and response mechanism (BFRM) activities are undertaken and also serve field focal point for handling the BFRM data base
- Work with and provide timely technical support to the IRC’s implementing partners; maintain encouraging and constructive relations with partner staff.
- Closely work with all IRC field team in general and with ERR team how to integrate and align cash programming with other ERR activities and priorities.
- Fully align with IRC safety and security procedures and provide support to security monitoring and assessments ensure a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Coordinate the cash transfer assistant.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in the collection of data, conduct of assessments (needs, market, risks and security) and provide input for concept note/ proposal development for cash transfer project in collaboration with the local community structures and community members.
- Supervise progress against grant work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays.
- Produce/give to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements.
- Assist his/her supervisors to ensure all monitoring activities are fully detailed, including systematic and timely data required under the grant and for IRC M&E purposes.
Capacity Building and Coaching:
- c4yBnpX DmW5AI
- Aware the communities, and partners to consider cash response as one modality at appropriate situation.
- Capacitate the community facilitators, staffs under his/her supervisee, and others (if any) on cash Transfer Programming.
- Support and mentor the FSP to meet the humanitarian principles during Cash Response program/facilitating the payment to the beneficiaries.
Coordination and Representation
- Participate on seasonal and ES-NFI cluster assessments and share findings
- Work integrating with IRC supply chain, finance and admin/HR staff to process Purchase Requests, and Payment Vouchers,
- Represent the IRC on MPCT coordination meetings at different level like region, zone and woreda.
- Identify and work very closely with Financial Service Providers (FSP).
- Build very good team sprit with IRC program and supporting staffs at field, at office level including Addis.
- Technical first degree or post graduate degree
- Minimum 3 years for 1st degree and 2 years for Advanced Degree in Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Banking, Project Management or similar with relative experience of the position demand.
- Validated abilities on cash-based program (specific abilities or skills required).
- INGO experience is a plus.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes partnership, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Proficient in speak English, and Amharic.
- Knowledge of Local language has advantage.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skill in word, excel and Power Point.
- Interested to work in rural areas and under stress.
HOW TO APPLY
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: