Job Details: Capacity Building Technical Advisor- Ethiopia
Work Location: Ethiopia
Location Country: Ethiopia
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium seeks a Capacity Building Technical Adviser to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project intended to strengthen national health information systems in Ethiopia. S/he will lead project activities related to capacity building of government agencies and implementation organizations in data use, data systems architecture, and health information systems governance. S/He will provide technical and strategic direction, leadership, and management oversight to ensure transfer of knowledge and skills to stakeholders across the health system. S/He will coordinate and liaise with stakeholders, including government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, USAID and other donors, and data consumers ensure capacity is strengthened. The Capacity Building Technical Advisor reports directly to the DCOP in activity implementation and management and will be based in Ethiopia
- Master’s degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other donor funded programs
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
- At least 2 years of experience working in developing countries (preferably Africa), Ethiopian country national preferred
- Thought leadership in the fields of capacity building and governance for information systems and/or technology for performance management and capacity building for health is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences, fluency in English and Amharic
- Proven ability to leverage and manage partnerships and cooperate with host country governments and international partners in implementing multi-intervention health information system projects preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically, ability to manage and build capacity of a multi-sectoral culturally and linguistically diverse staff, consultants and counterparts.