Business Support Assistant
World Food Programme (WFP) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Business Support Assistant (Communications & Information Management)
Salary : As Per Company Scale
Education: A University degree in Secretarial Science, Business Management, or another related relevant field.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. Experience in UN, International NGOs is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of graphic design interfaces.
Exposure to basic data management and analysis.
Effective communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Proficient in the use of office equipment and Microsoft Office 365 tools.
Knowledge of databases and SAP/Citrix applications will be an added advantage.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
Create an ‘I will’/’We will’ spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
One year with a possibility of extension.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Collect and collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence to support the effective work of the two teams.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through the provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documents, correspondence, etc, making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to the improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analyses of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Produce drafts of regular WFP reports and relevant infographics.
- Liaise with HQ and the RB on reporting requirements and work with CO teams to ensure the relevant inputs and updates are collected.
- Update and maintain factsheets with the objective of enhancing stakeholder knowledge on WFP interventions in Ethiopia.
- Assist the Communications team with the development of multimedia and stories.
- Provide technical support to operational task force meetings.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
How to Apply
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
Public access: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
WFP staff access: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Deadline : 20 November 2020