Business Support Assistant (IT)
World Food Programme (WFP) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (IT)
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Contract (One year with a possibility of extension)
Salary: As Per Company Scale
- To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery to the unit.
- Maintain administrative control records, such as for commitments and expenditures, procurement, and other records needed for the running of the unit;
Assist in monitoring the status of expenditures and allotments through WFP corporate systems, record variations, update budget tables, and consolidate data for budget review;
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of contracts with external contractors; check contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided and process GRN and payments;
- Provide information related to the above functions and exchange a variety of statistical information which will include timely reports for the unit on budget, travel expense, and procurement.
- Liaise with WFP Headquarters and third-party network and telecommunications services suppliers such as Ethio-Telecom and the communications authority to ensure licensing, per-capita, and payments related to connectivity under the CO are up to date;
- Support the unit in processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, such as travel arrangements, procurement, and contribute to the effective and timely management of the unit’s resources.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of unit data and files, ensure its accuracy and that it is readily available and accessible by the function when required.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to the unit and junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of external actors and units in the organization. Where appropriate take on feedback to assist in business support delivery for the unit and its team.
- Keep the unit’s operational objectives including field operations need insight and prioritize accordingly within the team.
- Arrange meetings and when required workshops and seminars as related to unit needs.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Education: A University degree in Secretarial Science, Business Management, or another related field. Certification in Information Technology is an added advantage. Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. Knowledge & Skills:Proficient in the use of office equipment and Microsoft Office 365 tools.
Knowledge of databases and SAP/Citrix applications will be an added advantage.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
- 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurposeUnderstand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
PeopleLook for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
Create an ‘I will’/’We will’ spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
PerformanceEncourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
PartnershipConnect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to applyWFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Req. No: 1
Place of Work ፦ Addis Ababa
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, are invited to apply via Online Job
Application System; Apply Here
Deadline: October 16,2020