Technoserve is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Based On Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Partnerships Team Leadership and Management
- Lead, manage, and supervise a cohesive and harmonious project team, convening regular team meetings and providing performance reviews and feedback
- Directly manage performance of the Partnerships Team, delegating responsibility as appropriate, ensuring compliance with organizational policies and financial procedures
- Ensure team buy-in to the program strategy and workplans, with each team member clear on their specific responsibilities and accountability
- Support team in managing the technical components of the project to achieve project results and contribute to program outcomes, with successful knowledge transfer to staff, partners, and clients through market facilitative approaches
- Establish a culture of excellence in which the team strives for constant learning and improvement, where success is celebrated, communication is open, and everyone’s contribution is valued
H4G Catalytic Grant Fund & Client Management
- Establish specific fund guidelines, overall eligibility requirements, management and accountability system for efficient and effective utilization of funds
- Develop grant application and manage process for evaluation against eligibility criteria
- Oversee application process, assessment, and selection process of clients
- Manage contractual and financial obligations between client and TechnoServe, including monitoring effective use of funds and private sector match commitments
- Coordinate with in-country Finance and Procurement teams to ensure smooth and successful management of fund
- Develop a robust network of relationships with private sector partners to establish pipeline of applicants to meet annual and cumulative program targets
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders including donors, government, industry bodies, private sector businesses, and other development actors
- Build strategic partnerships between actors to enhance collaboration and increase service provision to the horticulture ACC woredas.
Technical Assistance – Catalytic Grant Fund Clients
Leveraging the recommendations by the Analytics team, work with private sector partners to implement market system interventions through training and technical support. Illustrative activities could include:
- Identify smallholder-appropriate and affordable technologies on low-cost storage solutions
- Facilitate market linkages between anchor buyers and certified preferred supplier networks that meet buyer sourcing requirements and quality standards
- Expand digital market information systems to enable direct connections between producers, aggregators, traders, wholesalers, and buyers
- Advise financial institutions to develop tailored financial products for unmet financing needs of horticulture market actors
- Lead relationship development with commercial finance providers to leverage additional finance that complements catalytic grants
- Facilitate embedded service delivery from buyers to address issues related to infrastructure and logistics (transport, storage, packaging, etc.)
- Host workshops and forums to highlight successful business models and present opportunities to businesses to attract investment
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Regular meetings with the Senior Program Manager and Senior Management Team to inform on progress, provide strategic feedback, and align on program priorities
- Support PM with preparation and timely submission of high-quality program reports
- Work closely with the M&E Specialist and Gender and Inclusion Advisor for the timely collection, analyses, and reporting of monitoring, evaluation, and learning data to promote evidence-based decision making and adaptive management
- Collaborate with other program team members (Analytics, Field Activities) to connect market actors with additional strategic and field-level support
- Promote learning and advance gender equality within team and with partners; adapt project approach as needed based on implementation feedback and progress to ensure benefit to women and youth.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, agribusiness, economics, rural development, or other relevant field of study (Master’s preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree + 7 years’ experience, Master’s Degree + 5 years progressively responsible, relevant professional experience, including experience in agriculture, private enterprise development, and/or organizational capacity development. Strong preference for candidates with experience in the private sector and/or with market systems facilitative approaches.
- Demonstrated experience working in or engaging with the private sector in Ethiopia, particularly private sector companies in the agricultural sector; ability to understand, negotiate, and strike win-win deals with private sector partners.
- Prior experience utilizing market systems facilitation frameworks to implement solutions that solve business/technical challenges across the value chain e.g., input provision, quality production, sourcing and aggregation, access to finance, market information and linkages, standards and certifications, sales and distribution
- Significant experience managing multiple and complex stakeholder relationships
- Fluency in Amharic and English, with excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- High fluency in business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), including formatting
- Ability to frequently travel to project sites, as necessary.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit their application with non-returnable documents to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/TEC1006TESER/JobBoard/
Deadline: 30, May. 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: