Budget and Financial Analyst – Plan International
Location: Country Office
Type of Role: Budget and Financial Analyst
Reports to: Head of Finance
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The position holder will be responsible to support the country office in consolidating the annual organizational budget and produce different periodic management report for decision making. In addition, ensuring the appropriate allocation of the organization cost recovery. MANAGEMENT SCOPE, REPORTING LINES, KEY RELATIONSHIPS Reports to: Head of Finance Direct reports: None Key relationships Internal: The job holder has a close working relationship internally with the following departments and/or functions: The job holder has a close working relationship internally with:
Programme managers and Individual budget holders Related to budget issues
- Business Development unit External: The job holder has a close working relationship externally with the following departments and/or functions:
- No frequent external contact is required but in some cases it requires contact with global and regional finance. LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
- Contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction with children PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT
- The position is typical office environment ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES Budget Management (40%)
- Lead the annual budgeting and follow up the utilization
- Consolidate and compile annual budget preparation and submit the organization’s budget to Head of finance for review.
- Lead the periodic budget reforecasting
- Consolidating of the periodic budget reforecasting.
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each month.
- Suggest spending improvements that increase organization’s budget utilization.
- Review the organizations budget for compliance with legal regulations
- Ensure all project budget and sponsorship uploaded in to SAP and review regularly
- Update monthly budget and Latest Estimate of budget for use internally and at semi-annual performance reviews Financial Reporting and Analysis (40%)
- Analyse financial information (e.g. Funds, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports and discuss as necessary with the departments or budget holders cvWvFWD DmW323
- Review the Global management report and give feedback to country head of finance.
- Ensure the global management report Vs the country management report read same. Compile variance analysis report and commentary there to on a monthly basis
- Prepare ad- hock reports to assist with management decisions as and when required
- Provide inputs for costing of projects or programmes
- Make annual review of programme costing’s Country Finance Corporate Systems (SAP, BPC and BI Finance system specialist.) (15%)
- Conduct financial analysis using SAP or any relevant country finance corporate systems
- Maintain an up-to-date accurate accounting system, including computer data entry and paper file system Internal Financial Controls (5%)
- Support the finance department to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Support the preparation of donor financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements
- Support the completion of country internal control audits and initiates actions necessary to correct internal control weaknesses.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Qualifications/ experience essential:
Minimum of BA degree in Accounting , Finance.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, out of which at least 3 years at managerial/ Senior level.
- Directly relevant professional experience (e.g. finance, accounting, grants management)
- Demonstrated understanding to Government of Ethiopia labor, tax and financial reporting requirements;
Skilled in analyzing data;
- Advanced EXCEL knowledge and different accounting software’s.
- Good communication skill
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organizational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can apply for this position on the website by Clicking Apply For This Job below
For more information regarding the role and person specification please click on the below link: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1633801140851
Closing Date: 17 October 2021
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: