Attorney Job at VisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution IMMEDIATE INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for Attoreny-I role. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
Position: Attorney I
– Place of Work: Central Area/Lideta Branch Office
– Terms of Employment: Permanent
– No. of employee needed: One
– Opening Date: April 20, 2018
– Closing Date: March 24, 2018
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 which currently amended to 626/2009 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
· Assists the Branch staff in handling all issues related to collateral & the safe custody of all legal documents on real estate mortgage & chattel mortgage;
· Assists in registering & discharging mortgaged items;
· Ensures the safe custody of all legal documents on real esate mortgage & chattel mortgage;
· Draws up draft contracts, agreements, forms, letters of guarantee and other transactional documents, etc. that suit a specified purpose;
· Examines judgments & court rulings; analyzes their impact on company business & advises supervisor on approaches to be followed;
· Gathering facts and establishing evidence, conducting investigations, examination analyses of cases and preparation of contracts and claims;
· Ensures the proper & timely delivery of notices to delinquent clients.
· Investigates & takes proper legal actions to rectify theft, forgeries & misappropriation of funds & property;
· Complies & analysis information & statistics that would assist in carrying out court activities & provides legal advice & assistance to the branches in legal matters of limited complexity and gravity & in translation work of legal documents.
· Looks into and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles and codes to prepare legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals contracts for review, etc.
· Prepares, cases, pleadings, suits, statements of claims, petitions, defenses, affidavits in the name and on behalf of the institution;
· Represents the branches before all levels of courts of law including police stations & public authorities;
· Submits a written report to the branch & HO legal & Recovery Manager on the status of cases filed at court with collections made through court action.
· Diploma in law & minimum 2-years relevant experience· Local language knowledge, communication skill & computer skill is advantageous.
· knowledge of civil & commercial codes & analytical skill