Accountant Assistant, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – ILRI
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
The Position: The International Potato Centre (CIP) under the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Accountant Assistant who will manage bank and cash payments, facilitates procurement of goods and services, validates finance supporting documents, responsible for uploading and filling finance documents.
General: CIP is a non-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is: Roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by the 15 research centers that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of payments, their authorization and codes expenditure in accordance with approved budget, donor and CIP rules;
- Assist in preparation of cash forecast and advance requests for CIP Addis and project offices;
- Responsible for timely payment of travel claims, utilities, material purchase, office suppliers and sub grantees;
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reports and other reports as required;
- Support the validating and completeness of financial and contractual documents and recording transactions in the system;
- Support with the follow up of payments on behalf of sub guarantees at the region, advance payments and timely liquidation of advances;
- Assist with regional project offices finance issues and partners and sub grantees as may be requested;
- Support both statutory and donor audits and respond to audit queries;
- Support the management of payments from bank account, handle petty cash collections and payments and update the register;
- Upload finance documents on the share point;
- Facilitate the procurement of goods and services as per laid down procedures;
- Ensure that the contracts for office and other services are renewed on time;
- Maintain an updated database for the fixed assets and supplies as applicable;
- Support the Admin assistant in monitoring vehicle movement for Addis Ababa and the regions and submit vehicle mileage reports;
- Performs other duties as required.
Academic and professional qualifications: Education:
- Minimum BA degree in accounting and finance or
- Diploma in accounting and finance
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of two years of professional experience in accounting or Diploma in relevant field with five years of relevant experience preferably in a non-profit environment
- Experience in accounting software packages and techniques
- Fluent in official language according to country location.
- Advanced level in English.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Accounting software packages.
- Knowledge in Statistical methods and analysis
- Knowledge in Audit and Taxation
Grade: HG 12
Minimum Monthly Base Salary: Birr 26,649 (negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is fixed term for eight months with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes a very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: AA/CIP/05/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter.
To find more about CIP, visit our Website at http:// www.cip.cgiar.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: