Assets & Customs Management Officer- WHO
World Health Organization (WHO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions
Assets & Customs Management Officer
( 2104333 )
- Grade : NO-B
- Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 1 year
- Duty station:Addis Ababa
Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Oversees the proper maintenance of the fixed asset register by recording information related to fixed assets and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of such information;
- Ensures the accurate tracking of existing fixed assets and implements and monitors the periodic physical verification review process;
- Coordinates with property survey committee focal points to ensure that property values are complete and accurate;
- Undertakes analysis for fixed assets on a regular basis and oversees the proper maintenance of financial records in accordance with IPSAS Policy Framework
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of information in fixed asset register by: (a)
- Monitoring the established system of controls, procedures and forms for the recording of fixed assets; (b) Implementing SOPs monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs), and analyzing financial records; (c) Monitoring compliance with accounting and business policies.
- Supports the strategic property management function. Activities include but are not limited to: (a) making recommendations on improvement of asset utilization and disposal; (b) Monitoring implementation of KPIs to identify areas for improvement, ensuring compliance with management policy and preparing reports and trend analysis to support management analysis conducted; (c)Contributing to the establishment of strategic priorities and long-term resource planning at the local level.
- Acts as knowledge expert on Fixes Asset Module and processes and assists with the maintenance of fixed asset records within the fixed asset management module.
Liaise with forwarders/shippers for clearances of medicine and non-medicine items that are imported and exported through various cargo terminals. Maintain good working relationships with concerned Government Authorities in the country;
- Monitor, support and provide guidance to the clearance service providers; follow up with forwarders for WHO procured goods. Prior to expiration of the clearance contract provide a performance evaluation to the contracting unit;
Receive and review customs clearance invoices from clearing agent ensuring services rendered are as per contract;
Performs other related duties as required
Essential: First university degree in Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: Professional certification in areas such as logistics operations management, supply chain management, accounting.
Essential: At least 2 years of professional experience in administration with an emphasis on Asset management.
Desirable: Good knowledge of end-to-end business processes in WHO GSM System or similar ERP Systems.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills with the ability to multi-task identify and solve problems.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to present factual information.
- c6NUHGT DmW5B2
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
Use of Language Skills:
Essential: Excellent knowledge of the English.
Desirable: Working knowledge of Amharic, Knowledge of French or other UN language.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 25,972.00 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma (s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education
- Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
- Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the
- WHO Values into practice.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
HOW TO APPLY
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
Closure Date: Monday, 21 February 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: