Arts Project Officer
British Council is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Arts project Officer
- Pay Bond:4
- Contract Type:Fixed Term Contract until31 ,march 2025
- Location:Addis Ababa ,Sub Saharan Africa,ET
- Department :Arts
- Additional Information:Role holder must have existing right to live and work in the country the role is based
To support the delivery of British Council Ethiopia Arts projects to agreed targets ,impact ,Customer service standards and financial management standards with and through project partners to meet the project objectives within the defined timeline and targets and partner expectations
Main opportunities and challenges for this role
The ideal Candidate should have knowledge of supporting programme delivery and management and should be experienced in coordinating and providing administrative support to be the teams.Experience in managing projects would be an added advantage
The role will include a strong aspect of coordination, administrative and financial support as well as project management when required .
As with any business that experience peaks and through of activity there is likely to be need to work outside office hour from time to time.
Main Accountabilities but not limited to the following
- The post-holder will support the administrative and financial as well as procurement delivery as per British Council Policy and Client requirements
- You will support the achievement of all agreed outputs as required by the line manager
- Communicating with delivery partners and service providers
- Build and maintain professional relationships with coalition partners and other key player
- Support in managing the delivery of the monitoring and evaluation plan for arts program in Ethiopia ,using the programme’s monitoring and evaluation framework
- Liaise with communication team, responsible for the effective communication and dissemination of the programme
- Support the management of financial resources to implement project activity accurately allocated ,forecasted ,monitored and reported
- Ensure that relevant business process (Procurement, sales ,travel and expenses etc) carried out in line with corporate standards using SAP where appropriate
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- The ideal candidate should be skilled in the following area
- People skills, ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with fight deadlines
- The successful candidate will need to process the following requirements
- Amharic and English language (IELTS 6 or above equivalent )
- Diploma in a social science discipline
- A minimum of 2 years experience in one or more of the following areas
- Delivering projects (Preferably with youth arts for development context)
- Partnership work
- Experience working with grants
- Preferably Bachelors
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organization. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by the following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination ,recognizing discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity ,inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behavior is consistent with our policies
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role .Applicants are encouraged to Highlight any specific requirements or adjustment needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children ,young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children adults every where in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse ,Maltreatment and exploitation as set out article 19 UNCRC(United Nations Conviction on the Rights of the Child )1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on through checks being completed ;these will include qualification checks in line with legal requirements and with British Council Safeguarding policies for Adults and children
How to Apply
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Application to this role can only be considered when made through the apply section of our careers website.Our’Ask HR ‘email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website .Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Deadline : 22 August 2021 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria time