Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
ActionAid Ethiopia believes that Gender justice and poverty eradication are achieved through purposeful individual and collective action to bring socio-economic changes from household level to local, national and international levels. Empowerment of people living in poverty and women leadership with the support of their allies is crucial to drive change that will ensure equality and poverty eradication.
ActionAid Ethiopia is currently looking for a vibrant, energetic, ambitious, knowledgeable, experienced, highly capable and motivated professional and leader to join its Program team as Advocacy Officer. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a new context and be part of a team working to bring about social justice, then look no further.
Position: Advocacy Officer
Reports to: Head of Program
Duty base: Addis Ababa, with frequent in country travel
Duration: 1 years with possibility of extension subject to performance and fund availability.
- Providing strategic leadership and coordination of ActionAid Ethiopia’s policy agendas by managing policy work and research, budding evidence from grass root communities, reaching out to relevant social movements, engaging media, connecting to relevant actors particularly CMI society organizations, and gung on policy and advocacy work
- Developing clear policy positions on any collective priorities AAE is working on; ensuring that our National and international policy engagements are rooted in our communities and advance our local and national programme practice and are developed in close cooperation with key partners, stakeholders, social movements and allies
- Ensuring successful completion of EU funded Civil Society Support Fund including providing technical assistance to all consortium members as per the scope of work of the program.
- Ensuring that AAE messages / positions and learning from our practices are heard externally through all forms of media and in key policy spaces.
- Ensuring appropriate policy advocacy and relevant partnerships are built, maintained and coordinated across the country program with particular emphasis at Woreda, regional, national level.
- Leading the design and implementation of National and cross-country I international policy and advocacy engagements and research on behalf of AAE.
- Maintaining strong relationships with relevant partners, social movements and regional and international allies
- The successful candidate must possess a minimum of BA Degree in Advocacy, Policy Analysis, Political science, Law, or other related social science fields. MA in relevant field of study is preferred.
- 4 years of experience for BA holders and 2 years of experience for MA holders.
- Previous experience of managing EU funded projects and programmes
- Excellent advocacy and networking skills and connections at national or regional level for advancing AAE’s influencing agenda:
- A person who champions women and girls agenda with an ability to conduct action research on economic and social issues
- A good knowledge of HRBA programming
- Ability in the use of gender analysis tools
- Broad understanding of national Gender and Women’s policy environment and local and national gender issues;
- Excellent command of English and excellent advocacy, policy briefs, research and writing skills.
How To Apply:
“ActionAid will be conducting safeguarding reference checks on the successful candidate”
Qualified Females are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.