Amref Health Africa is looking for qualified applicants for following open position.
JOB TITLE :Administrative Officer, North Africa RCC
REPORTING TO :Principal RCC Coordinator
DIRECTORATE: Africa CDC
DIVISION:RCC Northern Africa
DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
1. Partnership Between Amref and Africa CDC
The Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), a specialized technical
institution of the African Union (AU), has partnered with Amref Health Africa in pursuit of its
vision, mission and strategic objectives. The ultimate objective of this partnership is to
redefine Africa’s health security strategy in order to improve the public health systems on the
African continent and in the global community by extension. This collaboration seeks to
achieve but is not limited to the following:
a.) Develop and strengthen the Africa health systems.
b.) Enhance and strengthen African response capacity to public health emergencies.
c.) Strengthen regional integrated surveillance and laboratory networks (RISLNET) in
d.) Facilitate programmatic and scientific collaboration benefiting Member States.
e.) Facilitate enhancement and strengthening of the programmatic and technical
capacities via deployment of human resources.
f.) Facilitate and enhance private sector engagement in the African health sector and
other partnerships concerning workforce development, emergency response and
public health networks.
This partnership has an ambition to strengthen Africa CDC capacity to improve public health
systems across Africa, to enhance the continent’s readiness to respond to disease threats,
2. Job Purpose
The Administrative Officer will report to the Principal RCC Coordinator at Headquarters while executing a variety of administrative support for the Northern Africa Region, the Division of Management and Administration and other partners as appropriate. The Administrative Officer shall be responsible for the day-to-day provision of administrative and programme management support for the RCC North and the Division of Management and Administration to include, but not be limited to – quality control of official correspondence; facilitation of internal cross-cutting administrative support services delivery; facilitation of requests, followthrough and quality assurance of cross-cutting support provided by Africa CDC ServiceDivisions, and other critical administrative and management support services.
3. Job Responsibilities
• Assist in following up on the activities of the RCC North, including monitoring and
evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
• Suggest new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research.
• Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for
the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use.
• Assist in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
• Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
• Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with
• Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships.
• Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets,
guidelines and fact sheets.
• Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work
programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division.
• Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
• Devise and put in place an efficient administrative and logistical system in the Northern
Africa RCC under Africa CDC.
• Direct and coordinate administrative and logistical matters of the Northern African RCC
in accordance with the AU Commission administrative logistical policies and guidance.
• Manage and mentor the administrative support personnel working for the agency and
ensure that the staff assigned to the office have the requisite professional knowledge
and work experience commensurate with the task assigned to them.
• Coordinate the protocols and transport of the elected officials, staff delegates and
other official guests visiting Africa CDC and the Northern Africa Region.
• Liaise with other departments, UN Agencies and other stakeholders, on behalf of Africa
CDC, where necessary.
• Support the Head of Division of Management and Administration in coordinating the
various activities as well as day-to-day administration and management of activities
related to the implementation of agency projects and other management initiatives.
• Support in preparing annual and bi-annual work plans and budgets for Africa CDC in
line with the available strategic documents.
• Service meetings where issues of administration, management, capacity building, and
programme management are discussed.
• Regularly provide administrative and management updates to the Head of Division of
Management and Administration on progress, problems and constraints of the
• Provide back-stopping services in the areas of administration and logistics to the Africa
CDC Office and rendering any assistance required.
• Under the direction of the designated Africa CDC Incident Commander, provide
administrative and logistical services in support of Africa CDC Emergency Response
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
4. Academic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Management, Development
Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, or any other
related field and at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Management, Development Economics,
Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, or any other related field
and at least two (2) years of relevant experience.
5. Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrate professionalism; good knowledge to design, develop and maintain HR
Strategy, Policies and Procedures.
• Computer literacy and good knowledge in ERP/SAP.
• Excellent knowledge of international organizations.
• Good drafting and argumentative skills in one of the African Union working languages.
• Good communication, planning, organizational and reporting skills.
• Good ability to take initiatives, to improve service delivery.
• Good ability to focus on client orientation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; respect for confidentiality and good public relations.
• Skills in translating highly technical information into presentations, briefings and reports
as well as funding proposals for lay audiences.
• Change management; flexible and introduce new ideas and approaches to the team by
evaluating the strengths and weaknesses.
• Managing risk; act when outcome is unclear while taking all risks into account
• Teamwork and collaboration; encourage input from others and adopt a participatory
• Accountability awareness and compliance; escalate decisions that are outside the role,
providing information and insight.
• Learning orientation; anticipate changes in work demands and searches for and
participate in assignments or training that address these changing skill requirements.
• Communicating with influence; communicate with others in a clear, to-the-point,
confident and fluent manner in order to inform others in such a way that there is no
• Analytical thinking and problem solving; ability to make a decision and take action quickly
and decisively when there is not enough information to predict the consequences with
• Job knowledge and information sharing; ability to share information, willingly and
voluntarily share knowledge in own area of expertise with others.
• Drive for result; make specific changes in the system or in own work methods to improve
• Continuous improvement focus; take established practice or idea used elsewhere with
successful results and adapt it in a new way to meet the current situation.
• Fluency in English including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluency in French, Arabic or Portuguese is desirable.
• Knowledge of two or more AU languages would be an added advantage.
Competitive based on qualification and experience.
NB:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply through the following link https://amref .org/vacancies/ to make your application.
You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter (in English) detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV (in English) with relevant skills and experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the advert may be pulled down before the closing date.
Deadline for applications: March 23, 2022.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: