ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Administrative Assistant-Operations
Term of Employment: One year with possible extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: April 7, 2019
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director Operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible to perform administrative and office support activities in a fast moving environment. The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the team who provides a wide and varied range of administrative and organizational support to the Senior Director Operations in particular and to other members of the team in general. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility, and good judgment are critical to this role to ensure smooth operations of the team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Schedule appointments/meetings and manage calendars for the senior director
· Takes minutes of meetings and distributes to participants
· Follow up, process and compile monthly reports come from different departments
· Schedule and plan for on-site as well as off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials for Senior Director, Operations and team members as appropriate
· Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects across multiple teams
· Assist the Team in administrative and office support activities such as preparing/writing letters, memorandums; compiling presentations filing and faxing to the appropriate agencies
· Maintaining of mini- store; initiating repairing of office machines
· Create, modify and/or maintain organized files and records
· Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries
· Acting as liaison for team with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately
· Demonstrate effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
· Request Stationary, and other fast moving supplies from store to maintain readily usable stock
· Work as communication focal person for the division
· Work proactively and take initiatives to support the varying needs of the team
· Other duties as requested by the Senior Director
· REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum BA in Management/Business administration, Secretarial Science or other relevant field from a recognized institution; secretarial background is advantageous.
· Minimum of two (2) years of proven experience in administrative assistance, office management or related role in dynamic, preferably international, organization. Experience as assistant to senior management in a changing environment is advantageous.
· Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support individuals, including calendar management and event planning & coordination.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to client-service and problem solving.
· Strong personal qualities, including strong human relations & interpersonal and communication skills, suitable for team work & synergy, responsiveness, proactive thinking are also required.
· Proficiency in English and Amharic Languages (both written and oral) and good report writing skill.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed online ATA Application Form at https://apply.ata.gov.et
Or email to to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline Apr 7, 2019