MSI – Administrative Assistant, Ethiopia
Performance Management System (EPMS) Project, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
**This is a local position, only Ethiopian citizens are eligible to apply.**
Project/Proposal Summary:The Ethiopia Performance Management System (EPMS) Project is a two year initiative to be implemented by Management Systems International (MSI) to assist USAID/Ethiopia Technical Teams (Education, Health (including HIV/AIDS), Economic Growth, Food Aid and other Humanitarian Assistance, and Democracy and Governance) in carrying out their performance measurement, activity monitoring, and planning responsibilities in compliance with the ADS guidelines.Position Summary: MSI is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support. The position will be full-time during the term of this contract and will be located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the EPMS project.
- Organize and file all information and supporting documents pertaining to the implementation of the EPMS project.
- Prepare informal request for quotations, collect quotations from vendors, and prepare price comparison charts to evaluate the quotes and to prepare purchase orders.
- Prepare and submit documentation and/or communications to organize trainings and events.
- Prepare training and workshop materials.
- Maintain supplies and ensure that sufficient office supplies are available at all times.
- Maintain and update the inventory tracker and procurement tracker of the project.
- Arrange travel, accommodations and logistics of the staff.
- Support the Administrative and Finance Manager in the timely submission of monthly staff timesheets and track annual, sick and special leave.
- Ensure confidentiality of all staff personal information.
- Place and screen telephone calls and follow up with vendors and providers.
- Schedule appointments and meetings.
- Greet and welcome visitors.
- Perform other administrative, clerical, and financial tasks as required by the Administrative and Financial Manager and the Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in business, marketing, finance, information systems, or related field desired.
- Six to 12 months of administrative office management experience desired.
- Experience with USAID or USAID-funded projects desired.
- Knowledge and experience in office management and related tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer familiarity in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Fluency in Amharic and English (both written and oral).
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.