Kyeema Foundation is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title: Administration/Finance Officer
Sector: Finance, Management
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Contract(12 months)
Salary: As Per Company Scale
- ABOUT KYEEMA FOUNDATION
Kyeema Foundation (Kyeema) was founded in 2003 by a group of Australian veterinary and agricultural scientists who wanted to continue promoting a model of sustainable Newcastle disease (ND) control for village chickens that is an effective solution for alleviating poverty for the most vulnerable in resource-poor regions.Position: Administration/Finance Officer
- THE ROLE
Kyeema is now registered in Ethiopia. The project ‘Improving poultry health service through community health workers’ has as its objective to improve ND control through employing an appropriate ND vaccination model by capitalizing on the existing opportunities and defining feasible cost-recovery, monitoring, and coordination systems. The project will be implemented in collaboration with the government, the private sector, SNV, and its implementing partners.Against this background, Kyeema is seeking the services of an Administrative / Finance Officer to undertake day-to-day administration in support of the project activities.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Administrative/Finance Officer will:
– Manage Kyeema’s administration and office in an efficient and effective manner, a weekly report on the ongoing activities to the Country Finance representative.
– Assist the Country Director in implementing the financial management system according to Kyeema guidelines.
– Support project activities, purchase of goods, coordinate meetings, organize flights, transport and accommodation, and communication.
– Manage the payroll of local Kyeema personnel in accordance with Ethiopian law.
– Prepare financial and accounting plans and reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- BA in Management, Accounting, or Finance.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working as an Administrator/Finance officer in Ethiopia.
- Previous experience on a USAID funded project an advantage.
- Education Level : Bachelor’s
- Experience : 3-5 years
Req. No: 1
Place of Work ፦ Addis Ababa
How to apply
For the full job description, a comprehensive list of responsibilities and to apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Administrative / Finance Officer application by October 11th, 2020 5 pm EST. Eligible candidates only apply.
Kyeema is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion and the treatment of all persons with respect and dignity at all times. This is reflected in our recruitment process which aims to attract people with diverse skills, knowledge, and backgrounds using an approach that aims to minimize unconscious bias. Kyeema is committed to child safety and the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. We have a zero-tolerance culture in relation to this at our organization. Our robust human resources, recruitment, and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. We carry out working with children, police records, and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.
Deadline: October 11,2020