Results for Development (R4D) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Posting Title: Adaptive Learning Director, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – (R4D)
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
About the Position
R4D is looking for an Adaptive Learning Director (Ethiopia) for the anticipated multi-year, USAID/Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) activity. The R-PAL mechanism is intended to streamline collaboration, communication, and knowledge management for over 25+ USAID partners working to increase household and community resilience to multi-sector shocks in the Highlands of Ethiopia. Specifically, it is anticipated that this activity will 1) fuel collaboration and coordination to deliver collective impact; 2) support data- and learning-driven resilience investments; 3) develop local capacity for collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA); and 4) test and scale innovative approaches.
The CLA Director will lead innovative monitoring, evaluation, research and learning approaches for an anticipated USAID/Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) project. The Director will primarily provide management and technical direction through the application of CLA practices and approaches. This individual must have experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems; in leading processes to review and analyze evidence to inform priorities for action; and in facilitating collaboration among multiple partners which will include USAID/Ethiopia, the Government of Ethiopia, and implementing partners.
The role is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and will report to the R-PAL Chief of Party. This full-time position is contingent upon award. Ethiopian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Design and lead the implementation of CLA activities for the USAID/Ethiopia Highlands Resilience portfolio to facilitate adaptive management and continuous improvement, building on and connecting across existing CLA activities.
- Lead formulation and implementation of a detailed learning agenda and manage associated learning partnerships and processes, ensuring timely accomplishment of activities.
- Facilitate relationship building, collaboration, and learning with a range of partners including USAID, local actors, host country government actors, and implementer, ensuring appropriate, coordinated, and joint planning.
- Manage learning events and processes, working with M&E technical team members to ensure adaptations to the Activity theory of change as new evidence is generated.
- Promote peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, and evidence and data utilization in support of adaptive learning
- Provide technical leadership on research activities to support iterative learning and adaptive processes.
- Help supervise the design and implementation of activities, including co-creation of collective impact approaches, evidence generation, and capacity building.
- Supervise staff that report directly to this position.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced degree in relevant subject areas including economics, international development, or a related field + 10 years of experience. Relevant experience includes food security, nutrition, and livelihoods sectors; knowledge management; organizational learning and development; community of practice facilitation; capacity strengthening; and evidence to policy action. cZZk8gU DmW5Cx
- 5+ years senior level international development programming including demonstrated ability to work with both senior in-country policy makers, governments, USAID Missions and partner organizations.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience. Proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration in order to achieve goals, meet milestones, and produce high quality donor deliverable.
- Professional experience in development work in Sub-Saharan Africa related to CLA practices preferred. Familiarity with the Ethiopia context.
- Experience facilitating learning and knowledge sharing processes, establishing and managing dynamic feedback systems to capture experiential learning and unintended consequences, and fostering collaboration across different areas, forums and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of CLA.
- Experience effectively communicating research and evaluation findings to stakeholders and facilitating the use of learning produces for improved policy and practice.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to present complicated and detailed data to team leads. Knowledge of local languages an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in thought leadership on how to build the capacity of staff and stakeholders to understand how data can be used for decision making.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, and results synthesis, evaluation and presentation of data analysis for various audiences (e.g., policymakers, program managers, field staff, community stakeholders.)
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly.
Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Application Deadline: –
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: