|Controlling the daily cash/check management, supporting the project accounting staff, overseeing and preparing the projects books in accordance with the Finance Manager’s instructions and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide accurate, reliable and updated financial information ||
|• Controlling the daily cash and check management and ensuring that all receipts and documentation meet MSF requirements (procedures, deadlines, information, signatures …). Tracking bills/vouchers, invoices and other running costs and analyzing the related information (costs, service contracts …) in order to give reliable and updated information.|
• Controllingcash advances and cashbook movements for each petty cash box, recording all IN and Out transactions, ensuring that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigating any discrepancy. Ensuring strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory and reconciliations)
• Performing currency exchange operations in accordance with the country’s exchange rate policy
• Ensuring a monthly accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
• Preparing the timely payment of taxes .
• Being responsible for the processing of accounting software peripheral accounting (project and capital) including checking the quality of the mission accounting allocations and their conformity (correct encoding of salaries, following up and matching of internal transfers and advances in the mission, checking invoices and their allocations, preparing payment order documents to be sent to HQ). Analyzing the problems of the cash box discrepancies and giving technical help to find solutions.
• Being responsible for filing accounting documents and their annexes, preparing documents for audits, organizing the scanning of documents and archiving mission financial documents
• Informing supervisors of any issues / problems that may arise in their job performance |
|MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities|
|· In collaboration with the Accounting officer organizes the review of monthly telephone bills, training costs, medical expenses, travel overviews and other financial matters, leasing with all departments in coordination to follow up on the information.|
· Makes sure that all legal financial requirements are respected in the payments (deduction of income tax, withholding tax, VAT, TIN numbers …)
· Ensure correct annotation and classification of all financial documents from projects and cash Journal of Coordination according to the financial guideline & rules of the mission.
· Archive all financial documents according to MSF and national legal requirements.
· Support Finance manager in document checking, payroll checking, project financial document checking, communication bill checking, copying and document packing to HQ.
· Perform Mission financial document scanning and on monthly bases and respect the deadline for sending to HQ.
· Participates in regular field visits and ensures technical support or direct gap fill in the project locations.