CNFA is a global not-for-profit organization with offices in Washington, D.C and Brussels, that is dedicated to stimulating sustainable growth in the agricultural sector. CNFA Europe specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, expand exports and develop skills in the rural workforce. By generating higher incomes for farmers, processors, entrepreneurs and distributors, CNFA helps improve livelihoods and reduce poverty.
In September 2015, CNFA signed a grant agreement with the German Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), to continue rolling out the Farm Service Center (FSC) network in Ethiopia. The Farm Service Center Project (FSCP) is a 34-month project under GIZ Ethiopia’s Green Innovation Centre for the food and agriculture sector (GIC-Ethiopia). Under the FSCP-GIC-Ethiopia program, CNFA will establish five private retail input supply stores (FSCs) that will link targeted smallholder farmers in the Arsi zone of Ethiopia to high-quality agricultural inputs and extension services. The project is strategically aligned to build the role of the private sector and will be connected to CNFA’s other initiatives in Ethiopia, which also work in the development of FSCs. In addition, the project – in line with the larger GIC-Ethiopia initiatives – will establish the FSCs among the five woredas in the Arsi Zone- – Hitosa, Lode-Hitosa, Arsi-Robe, Digelu-Tijo and Tiyo. In addition, the project will focus on up-scaling of innovations and best practices for wheat and faba bean production.
CNFA’s FSCP-GIC-Ethiopia is looking to recruit a qualified candidate for Accountant Position. The position will be for a period of nine months subject to 90 days probation period. The Accountant will be working under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, and will be responsible to assist in the daily finance related works.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the Accountant are to:
- Prepare financial documentation for review and approval;
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in preparing monthly expenditure report;
- Maintain and document financial documents ensuring proper filing
- Handle day-to-day tracking of field office expenses including compiling the monthly expenditures for inclusion to the monthly journal and record/ journalizes transactions accordingly;
- Post ledgers using QuickBooks accounting system and maintain as much as possible error free of transactions and account reports,
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and brings to the attention of the Finance and Administration Manager if any discrepancy observes;
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in preparing financial report for different users (to donors and government offices based on their requirements and given format)
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in preparing annual financial reports and interim financial reports as needed;
- Assist in procurement, logistics and other administrative issues to ensure timely and accurate payments related to vendors, Short Term Technical Assistants (STTAs), monthly bills, disbursement for grantees, rental charges and other ongoing costs.
- Follow up advances given to staffs, STTAs and to others to ensure timely settlement as per CNFA financial manual;
- Handle petty cash fund and timely review of cash position for project accounts to ensure sufficient petty cash funds on hand for disbursements and work for the timely replenishment of the petty cash fund;
- Timely identification and recording of transfers from Head Quarter;
- Compile necessary supporting documents for monthly payroll;
- Prepare monthly Income Tax, Withholding Tax and Pension Fund declaration forms and pay to the concerned government office;
- Responsible to scan timely all financial documents;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality of all documents and office
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by Finance and Administration Manager and/or CNFA’s FSCP-GIC-Ethiopia Program manager
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Accounting and/or Finance required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially in Microsoft Excel, Word and PPT required;
- Candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm for agricultural development and willingness to learn;
- Awareness of Arsi zone (and agriculture production in Arsi zone) is preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as an accountant;
- Good understanding of the countries proclamations, regulations and directives on tax and financial reporting;
- Knowledge on QuickBooks is desired
NGO experience and knowledge of GIZ regulations is preferred
Language: Fluency in English and Amharic is required.