ChildFund International is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
- Employment Type: Full Time (Open Ended)
- Childfund Work Location:Addis Ababa – Bole, Ethiopia
- Childfund Division:Talent, Technology, and Finance (TTF)
- ChildFund Department :Finance and Accounting
Location: Country Office (Ethiopia)
The position is responsible for providing accounting and Reporting services to the host Country Office in accordance with Child Fund Policies and Procedures. The Accountant will ensure that applicable statutory and tax requirements are complied with, facilitate audits and provide financial reports for analysis and donor reporting. The position will serve as GSS liaison to the Country Office for financial accounting and reporting matters of ChildFund.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practice, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
General Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Ensure all financial transactions have the appropriate and required supporting documenting compliance with ChildFund policies and procedures, donor terms and conditions and sound internal controls
- Ensures accurate and complete accounting entries of all financial transactions which includes fund transfers, Check Vouchers and Journal Vouchers Review completeness of supporting documents and enter payment requests into Accounts Payable module for payment processing
- Ensure timely preparation of checks and fund transfers and disbursement of all payments to suppliers, partners, employees and third spares (including tax’s office; social security).
- Ensure that local receipts from local contributions, sponsorship and other local collections are correctly identified to its funding classifications
- Ensure payroll allocations and charges to grants, cost centers, inter company accounts are correctly coded and entered into the books
- Ensure recurring entries of Depreciation and Amortizations are regularly entered into and allocated as may be necessary
- Prepare the month end and other corporate reports according to agree upon timelines
- Support COs in the maintenance of Asset Registers through annual counts and reconciliations
Cash Flow and Bank Account Management
- Ensure that all bank account balances maintained by the CO are properly reconciled with Book Balances
- Ensure that COs have adequate cash/funds to implement its operations and program activities
- Liaise with IO and Banks in the creation/opening, maintaining and closure of CO ChildFund bank accounts
- Support CO in effectively managing Bank Relations
Financial Statutory Requirements (which includes local payroll and taxes)
- Ensure that the accounting transactions and financial reports/statements are in accordance with ChildFund accounting policies, US and local GAAP of host Country Office.
- Ensure that required withholding taxes are recognized and paid on a timely basis
- Ensure that financial reporting supporting benefits and social security
- Ensure that required financial reports supporting local registrations and other corporate filing requirements are complied with Coordinate and support CO external and internal audit implementation and support resolution of corrective measures.
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) preferred
- BA degree in Accounting & finance is preferred and/or equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years’ experience on accounting and legal requirements compliance.
- Mastery of the techniques and methods of accounting and finance in general and international accounting standards in accordance to generally accepted principles and laws that govern the activity of NGOs.
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment while showing sensitively and respect for diversity.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Products: Advances Excel, word, Outlook.
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently, under pressure and remotely.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to keep knowledgeable and updated about changes on statutory requirements.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, dues, and responsibilities associated with the position
How to apply
Click here to apply https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1611087995406