Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
Job title: Accountant
JOB SUMMARY: The Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries and preparing payment vouchers, processing financial transactions, entering data into the computer, making reconciliation, preparing reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and NOP+ Accounting and Financial Policies arid Procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
- Collect financial documents from Associations on quarterly bases and settlement of work advances and preparation of disbursements:
- Ensure that planned activities are carried out in line with the approved annual plan and budget;
- Process payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documentation:
- Write checks based on the approved payment vouchers:
- Ensure that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is effected;
- Ensure all suppliers invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
- Enters all financial data into the computer/accounting system;
- Ensure tax and other liabilities are paid out to the relevant authorities on time;
- Conduct fixed asset registration and inventories on regular bases;
- Receive, record, store and issue goods, against documents and maintains records of all incoming and outgoing goods in bin cards.
- Prepares cash transfer letters;
- Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments;
- Reconciles bank statements with books of accounts;
- Files all financial documents and reports;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Knowledge of managing multi-donor fund
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Accuracy and analytical ability
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
- Good skills in computer and accounting software application
Language ability: knowledge of Afaan Oromo is mandatory
NGO Experience is Advantageous
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Duration of employment: One year contract with possibility of extension
How To Apply:
Kirkos Sub city,
On the way from Lancha to Chekos main road, 200 meters away from Lancha
Female and HIV Positive Candidates are encouraged to apply.