United Nation Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) is looking for qualified applicants for the following internship position.
Place of Internship: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Assist in organizing dissemination activities for UNCTAD’s research
- Assist in preparation of news items and updating the social media accounts
- Update and improving information contained in the office databases, perform internet-based research and catalogue information related to the work of UNCTAD;
- Assist with the maintenance of the Regional Office for Africa (RoA)’s electronic communications dispatched to stakeholders, including UNCTAD communications and outreach products
- Draft information communications products for target audiences, to include press releases, communications and social media campaigns, reports, brochures or flyers, briefings, prepare short video/animated clips, newsletters, websites.
- Contribute to the implementation of the RoA’s communication strategy, including through the production and distribution of information material for a variety of media and social media channels.
- In consultation with the relevant senior officials, prepare initials drafts of articles or chapters for inclusion in UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books.
- Identify key contacts/constituencies and opportunities for strategic partnerships to facilitate and enhance communication efforts.
- Organize or participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, press briefings, interviews, etc.; prepares briefing materials for senior officials prior to their participation in such events.
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or, Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- The university degree must be in the area of journalism, international relations, public administration or related area.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Should be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 13, May , 2023.