MHNT Midwife Officer – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
MHNT Midwife Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Hawassa,Ethiopia.
MHNT Midwife Officer
- Conduct Antenatal care including provision of T.T vaccination.
- Conduct Post Natal care.
- Provide Family Planning
- Ensure delivery plan with all registered pregnant women.
- Ensure referral of obstetrical emergencies
- Provide or link Sexual Assault Survivors to Clinical, Psychosocial Care and other SGBV services.
- Provide health education particularly on RH/HIV/AIDS including IYCF.
- Ensure that all specified HIV/AIDs and RH activities are implemented.
- Liaises and creates strong linkages with other sectors Nutrition, U5 Childhood illness OPD, SGBV, Hygiene & sanitation.
- Provide social and behavior change communication (SBCC) that promotes demands for RH services.
- Represent IRC at Health coordination meetings and task force meetings at Woreda level.
- Ensures that RH interventions are utilized as per the standard protocols, policies, and guidelines of MoH and WHO.
- Develop donor reports in collaboration with the senior health officers, Health and Nutrition Manager, field coordinator, and Addis’s health technical units.
- Participate in the design and delivery of robust M&E plans and design/adapt health information systems including surveillance systems for the IRC HN programs.
- Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of the projects are met.
- Provide weekly/ monthly progress and quarterly reports to the concerned and work closely with MEAL Officer and Technical units.
- Work with MHNT Team leader, MHNT Nurse, Sr. Health officer and Health & nutrition Manager, Admin, Finance, and supply chain based in Hawassa.
- Work with Woreda Health Offices, Health extension workers and/ or CVs and health staff of the health facilities.
- BSC in Midwifery .
- at least 2 years proven experiences and having NGO experience is highly desirable.
- At least 1 year of clinical experience in directly managing RH, including family planning), antenatal care, delivery, postpartum care, comprehensive abortion care, neonatal care, understanding and familiar with adolescent-friendly Reproductive health care services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- Knowledge on culturally sound IEC/SBCC material on RH and HIV/AIDS topic.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating training.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 30, September , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: