Senior Security and Access Coordinator – IRC
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Senior Security and Access Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Adama,Ethiopia.
Senior Security and Access Coordinator
- Promote the development of appropriate security information networks relevant to all IRC teams working in Ethiopia
- Responsible to be a full and active part of Country Senior Management discussions on programs, strategies, operations
- Make strategic input to Programs and Grants in designing new programs and project proposals to donors
- Support managers/teams in collecting and disseminating relevant security information thus enabling line management to manage security and safety effectively. This includes the security level and its implication
- Act as a close advisor to CD on context and security analysis in order to help decision making
- Support staff in methods ensuring security information is recorded and analyzed regularly, and help management provide regular, concise and clear written security updates
- Provide technical input and advice in assessments to consider new IRC programs in new geographic areas, and regular assessment reviews for existing locations.
- Make sure that at least once a year, a dedicated meeting is organized at SMT level to discuss IRC risk appetite for each location.
- Work with SMT, Technical Coordinators and the Grants team to ensure security budgets and staffing levels are in alignment with the assessed levels of risk in each location.
- Attend relevant security meetings led by the Security Coordinator
- Design and deliver security management training to all field office senior staff and security focal points
- Design and supervise the implementation of awareness training strategy for all staff, and SMT
- Undertake regular program site assessments of IRC new locations or existing program facing context change
- Monitor the Review of the security plans and policies by the Security Coordinator
- Maintain an updated list and contacts with focal points across the programs
- Liaise with other agency security focal points, including NGOs, UN and local authorities concerned for security related issues
- Develop weekly security update and progress reports for submission to Country Director and Regional Safety & Security Director
- Maintain confidentiality, impartiality and neutrality in all aspects of security arrangements.
- Develop periodic context analysis (internal and external) including: incident maps, stakeholder analysis, review of existing security management arrangements and capacity assessment.
- University Degree.
- Relevant overall experience of 5-7 years, with at least 2 years of management experience in complex and volatile environments, preferably with INGOs.
- Highest moral and professional integrity
- Broad understanding of the work of the IRC in the humanitarian context
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable security environment
- Able to handle sensitive information with strict confidentiality
- Able to maintain impartiality and neutrality in all aspects of his/her work
- Good convincing and influencing skills;
- Good computer skills
- Understanding of country’s legal frameworks
- Experience in comprehensive security management
- Proven level of technical security expertise
- Demonstrated coaching, training and capacity building skills
- Demonstrated initiative and pro-active problem-solving skills
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 15, August , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: