CWI Officer – IRC
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Adama,Ethiopia.
- Conduct trainings on Gender Based Violence (GBV) response and prevention to government and non-government service providers based on field site’s needs, requests, and scheduling.
- Be seconded at government institution and provide technical support on GBV case management and counseling support.
- Support one stop center
- Support the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Work on monthly and progress reports.
- Develop CWI communication materials (brochures, leaflets) as needed.
- Establish community groups and build their capacity on GBV response and prevention.
- Establish good partnership with different actors including schools and provide technical support.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make appropriate recommendations to CWI Addis team as needed.
- Support in the update/establish of a functional GBV referral system, Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs), maintain good GBV coordination mechanism with other actors to ensure comprehensive response intervention, risk mitigation and GBV services provision at the target region.
- Support in prevention program activity design of effective community outreach and engagement strategies to strengthen the protective environment for women and girls and maximize the community impact including engaging men and boys.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including in assessments and surveys.
- Assist with all aspects of project implementation in region and provide operational support (i.e., HR & Admin., Finance, Logistics) including facilitating procurement requests, following up on PR tracking, etc.
- Coordinate and organize CWI workshops and trainings including prepare TOR, facilitate procurement requests, and follow up on the timely implementation.
- Any other duties and responsibilities including field visits to other field offices that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors.
- BA/MA Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Women’s Studies, or other social science fields.
- Minimum work experience of 3 years for BA Degree & 2 years for MA Degree holders.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in counseling or social service provision with women and adolescent girls.
- Demonstrated confidence in discussing intimate gender and sexuality issues.
- Able to maintain GBV and protection principles always – including knowledge and practical application of the GBV Guiding Principles and PSEA.
- Ability to communicate in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo languages skills is required.
- Familiarity working in Oromia regions is an advantage.
- Ability to use MS office, word, excel, and outlook email applications very well.
- Female candidates who fulfill the above criteria are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 31, July , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: